TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Points: 27,365, Level: 23 Points: 27,365, Level: 23 Points: 27,365, Level: 23

After 3 years, and becoming addicted (including addiction symtoms) I quit. - July 20th 2009, 12:46 AM

My boyfriend and his dad had basically an intervention the other day after I hadn't cut in 5 days (My boyfriend was staying away at my house and wouldn't let me while he was there) I was experiencing symtoms that addictions like drugs and alcohol bring.
Basically, the 4th day at my house I broke down and tried to, but he had the razorblade. After telling me stuff like "You have the symtoms of an alcoholic without the alcohol." "If you don't stop soon you'll be slicing up your entire arm." and "You'll wind up in the hospital, or 6 feet underground"
I think what sold it was that he was practically yelling at me. Which sounds mean but it made me pay attention and recognize the pain I was causing HIM. In the end, he left, slamming the razorblade on the table, and told me it was up to me to choose.
As he later said he knew would happen, I didn't cut myself.

The next day we went back to his dads house (we live 3 hours away from eachother) and he told his dad to talk to me. After dinner we went for a walk and ended up talking about addictive behaviors and stuff. (more on that in the addictive behaviors thread *points to it*
In the end, 2 days ago I decided to quit for my boyfriend. It was stressing him out to see me like that, and if I screwed up one day it would ruin him. Then yesterday, the talk with his dad made me decide to quit for myself as well.

So it's been 6 days total and I'm hoping to stay done for awhile. I've got 2 people to talk to... my boyfriend and his dad. They live 200+ miles away, but still. I quit cutting myself, finally. Wish me luck.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount52

Edit avatar

Re: After 3 years, and becoming addicted (including addiction symtoms) I quit. - July 20th 2009, 12:51 AM

Well done! You should be very proud! Amazing to here , Keep it up :_ & Remember if you ever need help.. Come here
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: After 3 years, and becoming addicted (including addiction symtoms) I quit. - July 20th 2009, 07:25 AM

Hey,

I am so glad that you have come to this conclusion. Cutting is a horrible addiction and the fact that you want to stop is great. I am also glad you have so many people rooting for you; people that seem to really care.

If you ever get an urge I would suggest trying the alternatives they can be awesome.

Hang in there and if you ever need anything don't forget about teenhelp. If you ever want to talk feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 33,029, Level: 26 Points: 33,029, Level: 26 Points: 33,029, Level: 26

Re: After 3 years, and becoming addicted (including addiction symtoms) I quit. - July 20th 2009, 11:58 AM

Hey there,

I’m so glad that you’ve managed to decide to stop self-harming. You should be very proud of yourself for making that decision as it really is not an easy decision to make – it does take a lot of courage.

I’m sorry that you have been experience addiction withdrawal symptoms, they can be very hard to deal with. I’m also sorry that your boyfriend reacted that way and yelled at you, however, I’m sort of glad that he did too, if it helped you to realise that you don’t need self harm and that you can overcome this addiction and beat it. I’m proud of you for not cutting yourself that night.

It’s great that you managed to talk to your boyfriend and his father about addictive behaviours – it’s good to be able to talk to people about these issues and that is something else that you should be proud of yourself for doing. That also seemed to really help you and so I’d encourage you to try and talk to your boyfriend or his father again if you’re ever struggling.

Well done on your six days total –that is such a great achievement. Give yourself a pat on the back everyday – a treat, recognise your achievements and be proud of yourself. You’re strong. I’m glad that you have your boyfriend and his father to support you. You also have us, too. We’re always going to be here for you if you need any help or support.

Good luck and keep strong.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
HotPinkMess Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alyssa

Points: 9,391, Level: 14 Points: 9,391, Level: 14 Points: 9,391, Level: 14

Re: After 3 years, and becoming addicted (including addiction symtoms) I quit. - July 20th 2009, 06:27 PM

you should be so proud of yourself!! most people probably STILL wouldnt be able to find the strength not to. never give up hun :]

** its hard to say i'd rather be awake when i'm asleep **
.: 'cause everything is never as it seems :.
Closed Thread