TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
suez Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,159, Level: 14 Points: 9,159, Level: 14 Points: 9,159, Level: 14

alcohol - August 18th 2009, 08:39 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i just joined this site yesterday because i think i need help.
i rele dont have self control i do things without thinking.
i tried alcohol for the 1st time on a cruise when i was 14 and now i drink almost everyweek. i dont think im an alcoholic and i think i can stop drinking but idk if i want to. my bestfriend gets rele upset with me when i drink and i hate to make her mad but i just drink anyway and i dont even think about what im doing til its too late. i never consider risks and while i havent done anything rele bad yet ive come close to doing some very reckless things at times. its like i cant control myself some one please help
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 11,147, Level: 15 Points: 11,147, Level: 15 Points: 11,147, Level: 15

Re: alcohol - August 18th 2009, 08:51 PM

Hey there!

Welcome to Teenhelp. I'm glad you've found us here, and have reached out for some help! Take your time, look around and find the site features that are best suited for you

On to the reason why you posted. Every weekend is not always regarded as a problem, when you are a mature and fully developed adult. As a teenager, it can be dangerous, damaging, not to mention illegal. Take it slow, drink less, eventuallly you will be able to stop completely. There is a site here (click) with some good tips you could try. Some of which may seem a bit drastic and not apply to you, but I am certain you can find something within the tips that can help you.

Your friend has a right to be worried about you, and I'm happy to hear that she is. Friends can often be a wonderful source of support. I'm struggling with substance myself, and a good friend of mine has been amazingly supportive. Let her do what she should as your friend!

Take care of yourself, and PM me if you ever need anything.
-Dylan.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
suez Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,159, Level: 14 Points: 9,159, Level: 14 Points: 9,159, Level: 14

Re: alcohol - August 18th 2009, 09:01 PM

i should add that sometimes i just get drunk when im alone cuz i like the way it feels and that in the past week i got high on cough medicine for the 1st time and i did it twice moree
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
Article Editor

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36

Re: alcohol - August 20th 2009, 04:49 PM

Hey!

Welcome to Teen Help. Seeking help is the first step to recovery! I am also addicted to alcohol, but not as badly as I used to.

You could consider talking to your mom and/or dad about this problem. You may think that they would be angry, but you would be surprised! You need to think about, why you do it. Alcohol is a depressant, and it could also promote aging.

Heres another site, where it has all this and other interesting facts.

You should consider talking to a therapist, they always help!

PM me if you need anything
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

Article Editor
Social Media Guru|Live Help Mentor|HelpLINK Mentor
Chat Moderator|Forum Moderator(Young at Heart)
Closed Thread