TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f17-drugs-alcohol-addiction/)
-   -   Alcohol makes my body ache. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f17-drugs-alcohol-addiction/t67042-alcohol-makes-my-body-ache/)

Twisted February 14th 2011 01:45 PM

Alcohol makes my body ache.

Ill give a little background information first. I started drinking at around 15/16 years old, it was mainly just on a Friday and/or Saturday night with friends, nothing to heavy. And most people my age were experimenting with it. I don't drink very often at all really, anymore. I met my boyfriend almost 2 years ago, he's not a big drinker and also i felt like I didn't need to drink every weekend anymore, I hate feeling hungover and it got boring. So I only do it on special occasions and sometimes I'll go to the pub once or twice a month (drinking age here is 18).

A few months ago whenever I'd have about 2 drinks (usually vodka and coke or alcopops or something) I'd start getting this aching feeling, not necessarily in my stomach but in the stomach area. As well as in my back, legs and arms. It usually lasts around 20mins/half an hour and then passes and I'll feel fine. But it's annoying and happens pretty much every time I have a couple of drinks. It's not like it happens after drinking a lot.

It ruins my mood and puts me off drinking even more. I just want to know why this happens. I smoke weed but was doing that when I was drinking more and it never did anything like that. I was thinking maybe I'm allergic but I didnt think allergies came out of nowhere. It's like my body tries to reject any alcohol. Has this happened to anyone else? Or does anyone know what might be causing it?

you'rebeautiful February 15th 2011 02:41 AM

Strange... it's unusual to just suddenly develop an allergy, but it's certainly possible. In fact I developed an allergy just this past summer >.<. I'm going to have to go with " if it's hurting you, then it can't be good." ~ Do these areas hurt the same way that they might hurt or 'burn' during a workout? I ask because sometimes people feel that way after being stung by a bee, when they're allergic. In any case, there are lots of things that could be possible, so you might want to talk to your doctor. I hope that everything works out well!

By the way.... even if it is an allergy, that doesn't mean that you'll actually have to stop drinking; it's possible to be allergic to different types of alcohol (grain alcohol for instance), and sometimes a patient will be prescribed something to take before drinking, to stop reactions. So don't be afraid to get tested (:

Twisted February 15th 2011 12:41 PM

Re: Alcohol makes my body ache.

Thanks for the reply umm it's hard to explain as anything apart from an ache, sometimes I'll feel nauseous too but it never gets to the point where I throw up I dunno it's strange.

trigmynig February 15th 2011 11:04 PM

Re: Alcohol makes my body ache.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted (Post 584383)
Thanks for the reply umm it's hard to explain as anything apart from an ache, sometimes I'll feel nauseous too but it never gets to the point where I throw up I dunno it's strange.

get ur liver looked at...