TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SM13 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 13,511, Level: 16 Points: 13,511, Level: 16 Points: 13,511, Level: 16

Is this an addiction?? - December 31st 2011, 03:25 PM

I can't stop pulling out my hair (on my head and elsewhere) is this an addiction? If so how do I stop? I only pul one piece at a time but I do it all the time even without thinking about it. I'm worried cuz I used to cover it up pretty well but now my hair is getting thin and I have a little bald spot I always have to cover up. Is there anybody who can help me??
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Points: 18,110, Level: 19 Points: 18,110, Level: 19 Points: 18,110, Level: 19

Re: Is this an addiction?? - December 31st 2011, 04:09 PM

yes, it sounds like it is. Maybe you could try but something on it that would make them hard to pull out.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

PM me
All or nothing for Christ Was I love dogs

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not parish, but have everlasting life John 3:16 ( 21st century King James Viersion)
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
theawesomeman Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jacob

Points: 11,195, Level: 15 Points: 11,195, Level: 15 Points: 11,195, Level: 15

Re: Is this an addiction?? - December 31st 2011, 04:10 PM

Hello, I would definetly consider that an addiction. In order for me to tell you how to stop I would have to know when and where you do this and for what reason. If it is because you're stressed at school or are going through family issues then you might want to resolve it and that might make it easier to quit. It might be because of a mental problem going on in your brain that you don't know about. For now I would wear a wig similar to your hair. If you resolve an issue that you have, then the stress that is then taken away could make you stop pulling out your hair.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
SM13 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 13,511, Level: 16 Points: 13,511, Level: 16 Points: 13,511, Level: 16

Re: Is this an addiction?? - December 31st 2011, 04:17 PM

Thanks. I do it when im stressed or trying hard to focus (I have ADD). I was able to stop back in march cuz my bf said if I didn't stop he'd leave me cuz it meant I loved pulling my hair and cutting more than him. He broke up w me in September and I've fallen into the worst depression I've been in. He was my first bf and b4 that my best friend we dated almost a year. Now he's go another girl and I'm all alone. My grades are dropping and my mother is furious. Everything is overwhelming. I still can't stop even when I try.
Closed Thread