TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
toxictragedy__ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

my best friends been smoking weed. - April 4th 2009, 01:55 AM

she never did it before.
she always was against it.
and then she went to spend the night at a friends house and this guy came over and they all started smoking.
i didnt really say anything about it but another friend of ours said a thing or two and she said she wasnt going to do it again.
but now shes doing it again.
so this time i said something.
i warned her of the things that could happen and she just kept saying that shes going to be fine because its natural and shes not going to do any other drugs and she wont get caught.
but i dont believe her.
she saw the movie Thirteen.
and she knows that drugs killed my other best friend.
he said the same things shes saying and then he ended up doing more drugs and overdosed.
im really afraid for her.
all i can think to do is pray for her but i want to do more to help her before anything gets worse.
what can i do?

PEACE & LOVE.
Together we can make the world a better place.
Together we can stop animal cruelty.
Together we can save the earth.
And together we can live and love.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tearxstained Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Aly

Re: my best friends been smoking weed. - April 4th 2009, 04:08 AM

Hii...
It sucks when friends get into this kind of thing, especially when they wont listen to you when you try to help them. You can't really make her stop but just keep praying for her and reminding her of alternatives to drugs. If you felt comfortable with it you could tell an adult who you trust. You sound like a great friend for caring about her so much. I wish there was an easy solution but there isn't. Just be there for her and remind her how much she used to hate drugs. I'm sorry about your other best friend, I know what it's like to lose somebody you love to drugs.
I hope things get better for you soon.
Message me anytime =]

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift.
That's why we call it the present.
<3 <3 <3
Gotta Love Kung Fu Panda !

(#3 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: my best friends been smoking weed. - April 4th 2009, 06:32 PM

Hey,

It sounds like you are in a tough situation. The only thing you can really do is let her know that you care about her and that you are concerned. She says she won't get caught but that isn't really something she has control over. Remind her what she is doing is illegal for a reason. In a situation like this you can only point someone in the right direction. Ultimately it is up to them to make decisions for themselves. You can't control another person's actions and while you should voice your opinions you shouldn't try to control her. However, if she does move on to harder drugs then I would simply notify her parents. I know that it would be difficult to do so but you could very well be saving her life. It might feel like you are betraying your friend but in reality you are doing what is best for her. I would consider writing her parents an anonymous note if her drug use escalates. I hope your friend is okay. Don't give up on here. Take care and hang in there.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: my best friends been smoking weed. - April 4th 2009, 07:26 PM

The movie Thirteen has absolutely nothing to do with this subject. That was a very unrealistic portrayal of teenagers and wasn't even remotely focused on marijuana usage. Pot isn't as bad as it's made out to be and if your friend wants to smoke every once and a while, you should learn to live with it. Just be there for her and ask her to not smoke around you. All pot really does is make you act a little silly, chill you out and make you hungry. If she begins to smoke constantly and it's turning into a noticeable problem, then i'd say try to get her help, but other than that I don't see the big deal.

I'm sorry to hear about your other friend, but understand that not everybody falls victim to drugs and overdoses. You don't know for sure that she's going to try other drugs. That's ultimately going to be her decision and depending on how careful she is with drugs, just make sure to look after her. I think you both should educate yourselves on the true effects of drugs. I honestly have never had a problem with a friend occasionally, I repeat, occassionally dabbling in drugs as long as they don't form a habit and do it in moderation, but that's just me. Let her know that you're scared if she moves on to bigger and harder drugs and that it reminds you of your friend who died from them. If you two are true friends, you'll accept eachother and help eachother out.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: my best friends been smoking weed. - April 6th 2009, 01:35 PM

You are growing up and you will see a lot of your friends drifting off and experimenting with things.
It's a completely natural thing for someone of your age to want to dabble in. You know, your opinions change as you grow older... You start to blossom into yourself more and more.

Let her do her thing, but keep an eye on her. If you get concerned that she's developing an addiction or moving onto harder drugs then suggest she seeks help or if she refuses that, tell someone that can help her.

But for now, I would let her get on with it.

Closed Thread