TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Paint_It_Black Offline
Not a n00b

Name: N/A

Not trying anymore - May 12th 2012, 08:23 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i'm an alcoholic i've been trying my best to quit. but i really dont know if i want to even try anymore nothing is getting any better or worse with or without drinking only thing is when i'm drinking i get to be numb for awhile so tonight i'm gonna relapse and get fucking trashed because i dont really see a point in not doing it anymore

(#2 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Not trying anymore - May 13th 2012, 05:57 PM

Hey -

Do you have a strong support system, like friends, family, or even AA?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: Not trying anymore - May 15th 2012, 04:26 AM

Hey Chelsea,

I'm sorry to hear your feeling low right now, substance addictions can be very hard to break but nothings impossible. Often times its not the substance that makes you relapse its the reason your taking it. If you suffer from abuse, depression or anxiety these issues tend to compound and people use these drugs to put their mind to rest. What tends to go unseen is the fact that substances complicate problems with addictions and bad habits. In life you and I will make countless mistakes. What makes us stronger as individuals is trying to learn from our mistakes and correct/ overcoming them.

Repeating the same mistake over and over will make it more difficult to correct the issue. Look around and identify the key things that genuinely make you upset. Once you figure out the root of the problem then you need to try and create a healthy atmosphere around yourself so that the temptation to abuse is less pressured in your day to day life. This won't be easy but in life hard work and dedication pays off, and people who have drive part ways with those who don't.

Sometimes you need to look at your life and ask yourself what exactly you want and how to get there. Personally I've been down the wrong road and sometimes I find myself stepping out of line but its important to know when your in the wrong. Please keep your chin up and use all the resources at your disposal to help you through any hard times that may lay ahead. If you need someone to talk with I'm always willing to chat.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Prof.Engrish Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Not trying anymore - May 15th 2012, 09:05 AM

Hey,

Like what Ryan said, recovering from a drug abuse is not easy and can be extremely difficult. Take for example I just recovered from a cigarette addiction, but it was no easy task, Nicotene is more habit forming that Alcohol and trying not to smoke took all the will power I had. Often times I would be cranky/on the edge and even depressed for the entire month in which I used nothing but willpower to quit. But I had it set out that I would quit for my grandpa and myself. The things that really did help me was having friends to support me and people to talk to. When ever I would get an urge to smoke I would often times distract myself with music or things that calm me. I would also reward my self each week for going with out a cigarette, rather it being allowing my self to buy something or having a free day to myself.

We are all here for you as you go through this Chelsea and know that every single staff member here would be more than happy to help you along the way rather it be through PM, Help Link or Live Help. Together you can do this Chelsea, if I did it so can you!

"This is 10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 15% Pain; And a 100% reason to remember the name!"
Buddy/Live Help Operator/Technology and Gaming & Current Event and Debates Forum Moderator
PM/VM
  Send a message via AIM to Prof.Engrish  
Closed Thread