TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
monstermanx Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brendan

Weed... - April 5th 2009, 09:52 PM

Is it addictve? I'm going to do it tomorrow, just that one time.. If it's not addictive.

Do or do not, there is no try!" - Joey Kovar

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fucking Done Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Weed... - April 5th 2009, 09:55 PM

Not addictive.

Err but you always could get bored with the weed high if you contiunue smoking it ... which could lead to harder drugs that are addicting. So be careful.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: Weed... - April 5th 2009, 10:10 PM

Hey Brendan,

While weed isn't physically addictive some find it to be psychologically addictive. Many find that because of the social nature of the drugs use its hard to give it up because you miss being able to chill with friends and smoke. I wouldn't recommend that anyone start using drugs of any kind regardless of their addiction potential. It is a dangerous road to go down and while smoking weed itself isn't harmful it could lead to other drugs that are. Just think about what you are getting yourself into and if this is the life you want for yourself. Why do you want to start smoking? Do you think the benefits out weigh the potential dangers? Do you think this will help you or hinder you from achieving your goals? Do you think you will regret this decision? Just take some time to think things over before rushing into it. If you ever want to talk or have any questions feel free to PM me anytime. Be smart and take care.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
lauren_160 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauren

Re: Weed... - April 5th 2009, 10:16 PM

It isn't addictive, if you're only going to do it once, but if you smoke it loads you get like get dependant on it like anything else, which itself can lead to harder drugs when you get bored of the high from weed.

Lauren

"The stars are always there but we miss them in the dirt and clouds. We miss them in the storms. Tell them to remember hope. We have hope."

"But in the ruins there is still a canvas. There is still beauty in your brokenness. The faded scars show healing reminding me that even though Iíve been in dark places, Iíve survived and learned and become stronger".

(#5 (permalink)) Old
monstermanx Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brendan

Re: Weed... - April 5th 2009, 10:22 PM

Thanks but it's the only way I acn hang-out with the girl I love to death ,and the guy who I think is gonna end up fucking her and then leaving her.

So I gotta do what I gotta do Shit, the things I go through to protect girl,s and actually show I lov.e

Do or do not, there is no try!" - Joey Kovar

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Fucking Done Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Weed... - April 5th 2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermanx View Post
Thanks but it's the only way I acn hang-out with the girl I love to death ,and the guy who I think is gonna end up fucking her and then leaving her.

So I gotta do what I gotta do Shit, the things I go through to protect girl,s and actually show I lov.e
If the only way you can hang out with this chick is by getting high she doesn't seem to special to me ... did she say you have to be high to chill with her?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
jessica1122 Offline
Michael's Girl
Average Joe

Name: Jessica

Re: Weed... - April 6th 2009, 06:39 PM

Uh those of u who are saying its not addictive, i hate to break it to u but really it is, it has nicotene in it, if you smoke it alot you tend to develop a nicotene addiction, and this is why usually people who already smoke cigarettes get addicted to pot easier

~~Jessica and Michael~~

We started dating 11/22/08
He told me he loved me on his 8th birthday
And i never believed he still would
After all that time....
until the day that changed my life
  Send a message via Yahoo to jessica1122  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
mr_null Offline
Formerly known as mr_null
Average Joe

Re: Weed... - April 6th 2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica1122 View Post
Uh those of u who are saying its not addictive, i hate to break it to u but really it is, it has nicotene in it, if you smoke it alot you tend to develop a nicotene addiction, and this is why usually people who already smoke cigarettes get addicted to pot easier
Uh, that's only if you mix your weed and your tobacco. Weed by itself contains zero nicotine and is not physically addictive. As for people who smoke cigarettes getting addicted to pot easier than non-smokers.... not true.

Last edited by mr_null; April 6th 2009 at 07:31 PM.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Fucking Done Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Weed... - April 6th 2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:

Lol don't use tip then, problem sovled. Not addictive.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Weed... - April 7th 2009, 01:51 AM

I say this everytime. Do research. Don't ever try a drug you know nothing about. Weed is not physically addictive, but some people have been known to form a bit of a mental addiction. Just be smart about this.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
in/flux Offline
Average Joe

Re: Weed... - April 8th 2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermanx View Post

That is a terrible reason for doing it. If you want to do weed, in my opinion... fine, but do it because you want to, not because you feel forced to in some way or another.

Whatever's going on with this girl, I'd say that by all means, show her that you care... sometimes, however, people just have to be left to make their own mistakes. We can't always prevent something bad happening or be putting ourselves out on the line for people, no matter how much we may want to.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
emilyjaynescott Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Emily

Re: Weed... - April 9th 2009, 06:44 PM

I think it's different for everyone.
However, physically the drug marijauna is scientifically proven to not be addictive. But, like one person said if you use nicotine in it as a mix you can become addicted to that, but it only happens in a small percentage of cases.

Time heals the wounds unhealable!

Feel free to talk to me if you ever need someone, I know how it can feel to be lost, to be found, to be disappointed and hurt. I also know that it can always get better!

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Rob
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rob

Re: Weed... - April 21st 2009, 04:26 AM

Quote:
uhhhhh you realize half the garbage your "trustworthy" authority figures tell you is complete BULLSHIT right? a drug is a drug. prozacs a drug, well-butrin too, shittt xanax, vicodine, zoloft, weed, it's all the same shit.
out of all of those which is the safest?? which is the one thats been with human history since the B.C.'s? which has the most knowledge on it? ill tell you, marijuana. do some research, read a book, get the perspectives on both sides of the fence, not just the humiliating excuses of the status quo around you. a drugs a drug. why do i want to tear me skin off when i take prozac???? because it's a mind altering drug and obviously "wasnt for me". synthetic chemicals; yum yum. rather have organic. taking a perscription med for any type of mental disorder is like taking a basketball shot in a complete light proofed room?? right? marijuana's consistent and affects almost everyone around the same way. so before you think there's fiberglass in cigarettes, nicotine in marijuana, boogeymen under the bed, simply google the matter and see who's informations actually hits the nail on the head.

Wake up late honey put on your clothes
Take your credit card to the liquor store
That's one for you and two for me by tonight
I'll be
Loaded like a freight train
Flyin' like an aeroplane
Feelin' like a space brain
One more time tonight

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Person
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Weed... - April 21st 2009, 05:12 AM

That's debatable; it depends on the person who tries it. Weed doesn't have any chamicals in it to cause addiction, usually people get addicted to the feeling it gives them. My best friend was addicted to it for a year and it was a gateway for her (caused her to find dangerous drugs like oxycotnin, speed, crack, etc.) but that doesn't happen to everyone. In my opinion, I think people should wait until they're older until the try weed because it often makes teenagers use it as a crutch to feel better about their problems. Do what you want, just be careful and don't get caught ;D

EDIT: Wait- your 12 year old girlfriend smokes weed? that's not good

Lawl.

Last edited by Something Clever; April 21st 2009 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Weed... - April 21st 2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
I hate to break it to you but: a) learn a bit about what it is you're trying to give advice on first and b) nicotine occurs in there if you put it in there. If you do put nicotine in there, then it's another story but if you don't then it's not physically addictive. Either way, I suggest you do some research, learn a bit, then come and give your statement or opinion on the matter.

Physically addictive it is not but the experiences they have can cause them to be psychologically addicted in that they wish to re-experience the high.

If the girl you wish to be with wants you to get high, then I'd say to dump her. But, if you want, it's your life.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Weed... - April 24th 2009, 03:33 AM

Jessica1122, I have no idea where you got that bunk ass information from, but that's completely untrue. There has never been a single case of marijuana ever being smoked and having addictive properties of that to a cigarette and to nicotine, let alone having nicotine in it at all. Take the advice I posted above and do real non-biased research. You obviously have no experience with this plant nor do I assume that you've tried it, so i'm not sure why you think you could give out such advice that could potentially misinform the poster.

Closed Thread