TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jessica1122 Offline
Michael's Girl
Average Joe

Name: Jessica

is it normal for... - April 6th 2009, 06:35 PM

I thought about this while having a discussion with mike the other night. I told him if he ever got into hardcore drugs(he smokes pot and pops pills, i dont mind that because he doesnt do it often, but crack coke, and thing like that-no) that i wouldnt stay with him, he'd told me he tried heroin before and wouldnt do it again cuz he didnt like how if effected him, and he'd tried acid n magic mushrooms too, and had a low chance that he'd ever do it again(thats another one i didnt mind)

But thats not the point, my thing is, when he said he tried LSD, it reminded me of when i did and how my friends said it affected me. I vaguely remember it, it made me hallucinate to the point i saw everyone around me die, and made me suicidal, and even an hour after i stopped tripping out on it i was still suicidal. Is it really normal to feel that way off of acid? Whether it is or not im not gonna do it again it freaked me out too much.

~~Jessica and Michael~~

We started dating 11/22/08
He told me he loved me on his 8th birthday
And i never believed he still would
After all that time....
until the day that changed my life
  Send a message via Yahoo to jessica1122  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
mr_null Offline
Formerly known as mr_null
Average Joe

Re: is it normal for... - April 6th 2009, 07:30 PM

Acid is unpredictable, and as with all hallucinogens its effects depends on your expectations of the drug, your mental health, your state of mind, the situation you're in... etc.

Sounds like what happened to you was a bad trip, which can happen if one of the above factors is negative. It's possible for anyone to have a bad trip, even if you do acid with a positive frame of mind and in positive surroundings. Be careful with acid, it is a very powerful hallucinogen. Be smart about drug use and learn as much as you can about any drug BEFORE you try it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: is it normal for... - April 6th 2009, 09:41 PM

Hey Jessica,

I am sorry you experienced this. When you take any hallucinogen there is no telling what your reaction could be. That is why they can be so dangerous not only to you physically (in terms of you accidentally hurting yourself) but also psychologically traumatizing. Being in a good mood doesn't guarantee a good trip so its best to avoid hallucinogens altogether if you want to avoid a repeat of what happened last time. Your likelihood of experiencing a 'bad trip' increases if you are in a bad mood or if you suffer from any mental disorders. It is never a good idea to take hallucinogens but it especially not a good idea if you suffer from an anxiety disorder, depression, or schizophrenia. Since this obviously wasn't enjoyable for you I wouldn't risk it by trying it again. Sometimes people can't deal with the lose of control that goes along with tripping which triggers them to become anxious and thats when things start to go bad. It isn't exactly clear what specifically causes bad trips. It could be from a number of different factors ranging from the drug purity to your mind set at the time. Think long and hard if it is really worth it before trying something like this again. I highly recommend against it because another bad experience will only cause more damage. If you ever have any questions or you need someone to talk to feel free to PM me anytime. Take care and stay safe.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

sources:
http://health.howstuffworks.com/lsd3.htm

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

Last edited by Rob; September 10th 2010 at 02:21 AM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: is it normal for... - April 7th 2009, 01:49 AM

Acid is a complex drug. You never know what you'll get. It's not as common for someone to feel depressed after the trip ends, but in some cases it's completely normal, especially if you were having a bad trip. You just need to keep a positive attitude and be excited for the trip or else the trip may not be so pleasant. If your guy wants to try harder drugs, please just look out for him and if he starts to have a problem with it, have a mini intervention for him and tell him "hey, it's me or the drug."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
jessica1122 Offline
Michael's Girl
Average Joe

Re: is it normal for... - April 7th 2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceSRC View Post
Acid is a complex drug. You never know what you'll get. It's not as common for someone to feel depressed after the trip ends, but in some cases it's completely normal, especially if you were having a bad trip. You just need to keep a positive attitude and be excited for the trip or else the trip may not be so pleasant. If your guy wants to try harder drugs, please just look out for him and if he starts to have a problem with it, have a mini intervention for him and tell him "hey, it's me or the drug."
Yeah, the thing is i wasnt at all depressed when i tried it, i was very happy that day...

And hes already clarified that he'd never mess with crack and cocaine because he's seen how it effected his friend's mom and several other people he knew so he doesnt want anything to do with that.

~~Jessica and Michael~~

After all that time....
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: is it normal for... - April 8th 2009, 01:59 AM

Yeah it just happens sometimes you know? Sometimes the environment you were in or the people you were with or the activites you took part in can be an influence. Sometimes i'll look at something, get scared and start crying then laughing! It's hard to understand, but it's a wonderful learning experience. Just remember that it's all in your head. Usually smoking weed helps to clear up the brief depression.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
jessica1122 Offline
Michael's Girl
Average Joe

Re: is it normal for... - April 8th 2009, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceSRC View Post
Yeah it just happens sometimes you know? Sometimes the environment you were in or the people you were with or the activites you took part in can be an influence. Sometimes i'll look at something, get scared and start crying then laughing! It's hard to understand, but it's a wonderful learning experience. Just remember that it's all in your head. Usually smoking weed helps to clear up the brief depression.
yeah they tried to pass me a blunt but i was so messed up i couldnt figure out what it was, once i realized what it was i put the lit end in my mouth on accident--never fun

~~Jessica and Michael~~

After all that time....
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Re: is it normal for... - April 8th 2009, 05:37 PM

It sounds to me like acid isn't the drug for you (not that any drugs is). You had an obviously bad experience and I can't see why you would want a repeat. The thing about acid is there is no 'normal' experience like a lot of other drugs. Since you not only had the danger of hurting yourself while tripping you also had the danger of hurting yourself afterwards due to your suicidal feelings I would 100% stay away from this drug. There are other things out there besides acid (I am in no way encouraging you to try them I am just saying LSD isn't the only drug around). Do you think it would be a good idea to try it again? How do you feel about NEVER trying it again and letting this serve as a lesson learned? Think about what you're doing. Have fun and stay safe.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

Last edited by soul; April 8th 2009 at 06:28 PM.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: is it normal for... - April 8th 2009, 05:51 PM

We did the effects of drugs in one of our lessons last week and it said that LSD can cause mental problems and flashbacks so it's normal to feel this way. Maybe try seeing a doctor and trying to work through the problems you're having, maybe they can prescribe something to help.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
jessica1122 Offline
Michael's Girl
Average Joe

Re: is it normal for... - April 9th 2009, 02:33 AM

Ohhh trust me--i'll just stick to my california green-im not messing with LSD ever again, that crap scared me too bad

~~Jessica and Michael~~

After all that time....
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Re: is it normal for... - April 12th 2009, 11:29 PM

That is really good to hear. It is always a good choice to say away from hallucinogens but it is especially good in your case knowing how negatively it effects you. I am really proud of you for making such a smart decision. If you ever have any questions about anything feel free to come to me anytime. Take care and stay safe.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: is it normal for... - April 15th 2009, 03:27 AM

Yeah, as the others have said, Acid is very unpredictable, you never know what your reaction will be, even if you have taken it countless times before it is still well within the realms of possibility that you may experience a "bad trip". It is one of those drugs which can have serious effects on your mental health (in my personal view, far more damaging than physical harm)
I'm pleased that you do not want to take it again.
I would advise anyone not to mess around with LSD, as its effects can stay with you for the rest of your life.
Take Care

(#13 (permalink)) Old
JustAmelia Offline
Forever~AMZ<3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amelia

Re: is it normal for... - April 16th 2009, 08:05 AM

Good choice on not doing it ever again. Just So You Know: You are actually very lucky. LSD can kill. It most often does. If if doesn't kill, it causes permanent brain damage. Stay Sober :]

<3LoveLoveLove<3
~JustAmelia~
Keep Smiling.
Remember, you are not alone.
ToWriteLoveOnHerArms.
LoveIsTheMovement.
Don't try to wake me up even if the sun does come out tomorrow.
Don't believe anything I say, anymore.
  Send a message via AIM to JustAmelia  
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: is it normal for... - April 16th 2009, 02:40 PM

What are you talking about? LSD doesn't kill anyone. It's what people do on it if not experienced, stupid or on high amounts. If it mostly killed, hell i'd be in a coffin by now. It does not cause permanent brain damage unless you're constantly doing it and I mean constantly.

Closed Thread