TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lurangutang Offline
Raven
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Matt

Does anyone actually stop smoking pot? - June 15th 2012, 06:18 AM

I cannot count the amount of times I have told myself or my friends that I am going to quit smoking. I smoke 2 or 3 times a day and it puts me in a daze where I cannot get out of my own head, like I am screaming inside of my head at myself when I am high that I am a loser and that I want to kill myself. The pot either distracts me from depression or makes me feel more depressed. I cannot stop completely. I have the thought that I enjoy being a stoner, but I know how horrible it is for my mental health. Advice or stories?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MindBodySpirit Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Not Michael

Re: Does anyone actually stop smoking pot? - June 15th 2012, 04:26 PM

Yes, it's possible to quit.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lurangutang Offline
Raven
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Matt

Re: Does anyone actually stop smoking pot? - June 15th 2012, 06:12 PM

I have proven to myself that I can't do it on my own, and I've never heard of anyone going to a rehab for weed. So I guess I'm looking for some advice or personal tricks someone has used to quit on their own.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Does anyone actually stop smoking pot? - June 15th 2012, 06:25 PM

Well, I know a lot of people who smoked weed a lot and just eventually "grew up" and quit. Like some of them went to college or got a gf/bf, it was usually some change in their life when they realized they DID have better things to do.

However, some people NEVER stop, I know some people who are in their 30's and still smoke all the time which I think is sort of sad, because it makes you all "lalalalaa" and you're mind is so much more clear when your not high.

Aside from the fact it is illegal, if you are ilk 30 and still smoke weed like once or twice a year I'm not going to be like "holy crap, how dare you", but most people are trying to "accomplish" something and don't have the time of day to have their minds clouded by drugs.

I am not saying you don't accomplish anything, I know some people who function on quite a high level despite the fact they've been using a mind clouding drug like pot.

If your problem is that you suffer from depression you should definitely talk to a doctor. He/she can prescribe an anti-depressant, which would help relieve those symptoms. And maybe make some changes in your personal life. I know so many students "spend their whole college career high" but going to college IF you take it seriously can help (the people who do nothing but drink and get high are usually not the ones who are taking their education seriously). Or get a job. If you want to be a welder, stop saying "tomorrow" and start trying to get an appencticeship position today. Start playing sports, or something. There are a lot of ways that will help you get an alternative to getting high, and just focus on smoking less and less until you don't feel like that it is the only way to spend your time

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jack Lowden Offline
Afternoon.
Outside, huh?

Re: Does anyone actually stop smoking pot? - June 16th 2012, 09:55 PM

I think anyone can with the right motivation & reasoning. I know tons of people who say the same thing about quitting, then don't. However, I also know people who have been able to quit.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
haleyv Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Haley

Re: Does anyone actually stop smoking pot? - June 19th 2012, 07:17 AM

Weed has no physical addiction. If you feel addicted, it is all in your head (a mental addiction) If you quit, you may WANT to do it again, but assure you that you won't have to. Weed has no physical effects, basically it doesn't do harm to your body or brain. But if you feel like weed may bring out your depression, I would suggest you quit, or at least cut down. But i would also suggest that you don't quit unless you truly want to. Otherwise the likeliness of you smoking again is greater.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Debaser Offline
Tabula Rasa
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Louise

Re: Does anyone actually stop smoking pot? - June 25th 2012, 04:42 PM

Weed use i feel can be very errosive. Nothing like cocaine where your tolerance goes up ridiculously quickly. It's a slow journey where you start smoking slightly more to get that same high, it may even effect you differently than you first experienced.

Like others have said it is not phsyically addictive. I'd advise to seek some professional therapy for the depression. I suffer from anxiety/agrophobia and used weed as a safety blanket - something that stopped the anxiety, if only for a bit. Instead of targeting the processes that lead to my anxieties.

Send a message via MSN to Debaser Send a message via Skype™ to Debaser 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
pinkym Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Does anyone actually stop smoking - July 3rd 2012, 11:19 AM

Hi,

You know something, I saved my lungs from getting hurt too much.
I gave up smoking last year and that was with the help of Nicorette Gum and its 12 Week Nicotine Replacement Therapy.

My willpower and their Motivational Tips have helped me today to quit smoking and I am very Thankful to them for their support....

I would recommend to all my friends who ever is willing to quit and need some advice Nicorette is the best option.
Visit their website nicorette.in
Thanks and Cheers...

Pinky.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: Does anyone actually stop smoking pot? - July 3rd 2012, 04:14 PM

I quit smoking pot, it's worth it I find I'm more active and work harder then I did before in just about everything, pot held me back in school as well.

Regards,
Ryan

Closed Thread