TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
monstermanx Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brendan

This weekend, might be my last :'( - April 9th 2009, 12:59 PM

Shit,

Don't know if this belongs in D&S or here. They tie into each other, honestly. The long weekend is approaching, no school Friday or Monday. Guess what? Party time.. Spring thaw.

EVERYONE is trying to get me to go and get drunk and baked... And the stuff they do, I know, will kill me. So I don't know what to do, I want to go drink but I know if I just drink they'll like sneak shit in my drink.

And on that note,
If I drink, how can I clear up my eyes and fix up my breathe? Can't get caught.

Do or do not, there is no try!" - Joey Kovar

(#2 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: This weekend, might be my last :'( - April 9th 2009, 11:12 PM

Ok, seriously, I know I sound like a mom, but you should never feel like you have to do something you don't want to. If anyone offers you something you don't want to do, just say you're cool as you are. If you're worried people might sneak something into your drink, just make sure you keep an eye on your drink at ALL times, and if you leave it down somewhere and go to the bathroom or something, don't drink the same one when you get back.

I don't think i can reeeeally give you tips on that, but just make sure if you do drink not to drink more than you can cope with ~ that's the best way not to get caught. Drink a glass of water between each alcoholic drink, and if you feel yourself gettting drunk, have something starchy to eat like bread or just slow down. Chewing gum will help with beery breath.

But here, if you really don't want anything bad to happen, or if you're not comfortable with this, just don't go to any parties you don't want to. Make up an excuse if you have to. But make it clear you won't be pressured.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: This weekend, might be my last :'( - April 10th 2009, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermanx View Post
And the stuff they do, I know, will kill me.
Okay, so you know drugs and alcohol can kill you but you are still going to go along with this peer pressure and do them anyway? I think we both know that you are a lot smarter than that. Abusing these substances is not a smart idea. However, it is your personal choice what you put into your body. Notice I said YOUR choice and not your friend's choice. If you believe hanging out with them will put you in a dangerous situation where someone would spike your drink then the answer to your problem is simple: just don't hang out with them. You don't need people like that in your life. You don't need friends who don't show you respect. I would tell them that you don't want to drink or do drugs and if they don't respect your decision then I wouldn't be friends with them any longer. They are just going to drag you down with them. Do you have any goals in life? Do you think drinking and doing drugs will help or hinder you from achieving your goals? Is this what you really want for yourself? Be a man and stand up for your right not to drink if you don't want to. Take care and make good choices.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
wtp Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: This weekend, might be my last :'( - April 10th 2009, 05:05 AM

Don't drink, it's stupid. Clearly your friends are just doing it to be cool. Tell them you're not going to drink because you don't want to get caught, don't want to get arrested, want to think clearly, and whatever reasons you might have.

You're friends will respect you if you don't drink. If you drink you make no impression on them.

Make jokes say stuff like "I don't want to be drunk so I can push you guys and mess with you when you're drunk."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
sakuchan Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Re: This weekend, might be my last :'( - April 10th 2009, 10:26 AM

You should never feel like you have to do something you don't want to. Honestly..just don't go to it. Problem solved..

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: This weekend, might be my last :'( - April 10th 2009, 02:05 PM

Stay at home and drink.
Get new friends.

If they're going to do things purposefully they know will harm you then whats the point. They don't care?

Just don't get stoned in the first place and you won't get caught. Simple.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: This weekend, might be my last :'( - April 15th 2009, 03:42 AM

Don't do ANYTHING you are not comfortable with.

I shouldn't think the drugs would kill you, unless your "friends" really are trying to do just that, but you do have to be careful. Doing drugs, though not all that advisable, should be your own choice and not forced upon you. You are obviously not comfortable with the whole thing, so either don't go, or don't drink whilst you're there.
Don't do anything you're not comfortable with - I really can't stress this enough.
Stay safe.

Closed Thread