TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AdamsLife Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Adam

Exclamation My Friend Needs Help.. Right? - April 9th 2009, 02:51 PM

Okay.. Im homeschooled and One of my homeschooled friends just recently went back into public school. Since then, he has been saying how much of his personality in the past 2 years has been a joke. or a Lie. I have never known him to do drugs, or drink. (We're both 15) And just last night, I saw a post on facebook.. Heres what it was: "______ is like tidally drunk nbd side. Qsahut?? I'm alittle out of it!, haasssdh. Nkrue ehm"
I naturally though he was joking around. Wouldn't you? So then Im in bed, and I start getting text messages from him, saying things that I never think he would ask me if he were thinking straight.. or at least not if he were who I though he was. They were like, "I have a question, seeing as I've never dated or gone out with a girl from our homeschool group. How serious are these 'relationships' you guys are hasing?"
I reply. He texts back: "No. I don't believe in love. I'm talking about the more personal side. I'm having an interesting conversation and it relates to that. I'm fucking drunk. Ignore me please."
Later that night, he goes on to say this: "Tonight's passover and I have no life. I drank half a bottle of wine"

I could go on.. It doesn't get any better. So now I am extremely worried about him. He is saying that I don't really know him. and that he never considered his friends actual "friends".
Im worried that it won't stop at this. Im worried that it will develop to the point where its too late for him and I really don't want that to happen to him. the friend I knew was a pretty nice guy. I don't want to lose him.
Please someone. Help me help him.

Last edited by AdamsLife; April 9th 2009 at 03:08 PM.
  Send a message via AIM to AdamsLife  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Re: My Friend Needs Help.. Right? - April 9th 2009, 03:03 PM

Adam to be honest he doesn't need help. This is what we assume to be his first time drinking. Kids drink, they get drunk, they do stupid things. I have been one of them a couple of times.
To be honest, he could have always been like this, but having the chance to go out and go to public school, could have given him the chance to show his true colors. He may have been using this as an excuse to finally let it all out.
Don't start freaking out now, he is back in to public schooling and has kind of been locked up for a few years. He is out testing his limits, experimenting, and spreading his wings. He may or may not choose this path. But if he does he does. You should always continue to be his friend. Because if things get really bad and it comes to a time when he actually really does need help, you can be the one to get him the help he needs and he will forever be thankful.
Also please do not put a stereotype on public schools and public school kids. Because you have absolutely no way of telling if he would not have done this if he stayed in homeschooling, he may have. He may have been doing this stuff before going to public school, you don't know that. He may be just letting it show since he is in public school, you don't know that and neither does any one but him self know. There are also plenty of public school kids that haven't touched any of that, drugs, alcohol, parties and much more. Im not one of those kids because I do drink. But that is offensive.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
AdamsLife Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My Friend Needs Help.. Right? - April 9th 2009, 03:07 PM

Okay thanks for the reply.. I am worried but I guess its just something that teens do.. I apoligize for saying what I did about public school. I personally know several really cool people from public school. I actually think I will edit that part out because it was very unfair and untrue.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: My Friend Needs Help.. Right? - April 10th 2009, 02:09 PM

I would take a step back and let him do what he has to.

Having been in a homeschooling environment the natural reaction once entering a public school again is to do EVERYTHING, right away. Get drunk, stoned, fight, have sex etc.
All these new ideals and morals are suddenly thrusted at you and of course you will question yourself. All of these other kids, the same age do xyz but you've never dreamt of it.

Give him time, he will settle down and come to terms with himself as a person. Whether he changes or stays the same, who knows. Either way, he should be happy. :]

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: My Friend Needs Help.. Right? - April 10th 2009, 09:35 PM

If it's his first time in a public school system, or if he's reacquanted, why not let him have some freedom and fun? So what, he got drunk. Nothing horrible about that. Public schools tend to increase sex, drugs (including alcohol), violence, etc... simply because there's more students from different backgrounds and there's a much higher chance that not all of them are a goody two-shoes (not saying your friend is/was).

(#6 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: My Friend Needs Help.. Right? - April 12th 2009, 06:12 PM

Hey Adam,

It is perfectly normal to be concerned about your friend. After all you do care about them. It can be frightening and shocking when someone out of the blue starts drinking or doing drugs. I would tell you friend you are a little concerned for their safety. If you are okay with it then it might be a good idea to let them know they can call you anytime. That way if they do get into trouble you might be able to help them out. Other than that there isn't much else you can do but keep an eye on them. If they start abusing drugs or their drinking gets out of hand you may want to consider telling an adult about the situation. Take care and try not to over think one night of drunkenness.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
AdamsLife Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My Friend Needs Help.. Right? - April 13th 2009, 03:14 PM

Okay.. Thanks guys.. at this point, He has just been a complete ass. Slaughtering our "Friendship" to no end... So I am no longer friends with him. I am just going to try and forget the shit that he put me through and move on with my life.
(This thread can be locked)

Thanks,
Adam
Closed Thread