TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lizziemariexxoo Offline
Hello
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ElizabethMarieTaylor

Unhappy Relapsing - August 10th 2012, 02:40 AM

This thread has been labeled as non-PG13 by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for younger users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i was sober and hadent smoked on about 3 weeks and i relapsed all in less than 24 hours and i even cut. i feel like there is nothing i can do. i feel like i cant stop the depression and anxeity. sometime i just feel like i wanna hide and just never be found. my depression has been nonstop for the past 3 days now. i miss my friend that passed away. and i just got out of a very abusive relationship which i blame all of that on me cause i was a horrible girlfriend according to him. i just dont know what to do..

xoxo Lizzie xoxo

Maybe we'll turn it around, 'cause it's not too late; it's never too late. ~Three Days Grace

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
  Send a message via AIM to lizziemariexxoo Send a message via Skype™ to lizziemariexxoo 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
boxzy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Relapsing - August 12th 2012, 09:37 PM

First of all do not blame yourself for the relationship being bad... I don't know how things worked but a relationship is a thing between two people so you for sure can't take the blame and if you broke up then perhaps the big man upstairs has better plans for you! I have learned one thing in life, always wait and see what life brings for you!
Why don't you PM me and we can chat over things I am currently fighting with a mosquito on my bed!!!! Argh!!!!!!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: Relapsing - August 13th 2012, 11:10 AM

Hi Elizabeth,

I don't know a lot but I do know that an individuals feelings are their own problem. In other words if your feeling down its important for you to find ways to bring a smile to your face. People will always try to bring you down, sometimes even the people closest to you. If you feel someone is toxic to you and your happiness then get rid of them aka your boyfriend. Something inside me thinks theirs two sides to every story, so I don't actully think you'll do that. Reason being some people are extremely dependant on others which leaves them venerable to be degraded and used.

I can relate to the feeling of having a bad day and smoke'en up, but its important to know that substances in general complicate life. Self-harm is by far the worst because it shows a person has no respect for their-self, don't get me wrong I feel bad but at the end of the day its you that has to face the repercussions of these actions. Life is to short to live miserable once its gone you ain't coming back take it or leave it the world will keep spinning all the same. Between me and you our lives are about as big as this forum post is on the internet so leave a positive mark and live for today.

Anyone who's toxic cast them aside and don't give them the time of day. You have value you have goals and ambitions, you have friends and family. Just remember when you start getting low come on here and write your feelings down rather then mutilating your body because you and I both know you deserve so much more then that.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
ciararnhrt12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ciara

Re: Relapsing - August 14th 2012, 11:15 PM

I completly agree with ryan, and about the abusive relationship; you should feel proud that you got out of it. However you SHOULD NOT blame yourself for anything during that time, he was the problem not you. People like him need help for their agression and nothing you could have done would have changed him. I hope that in the future you can view yourself with more self esteem, cutting and using drugs don't help. As soon as you realize that you and not self harm or using can help you, the better off you will be. Soon enough you can pull yourself out of the depression by surrounding yourself with supportive people and seeing yourself as the amazing person that you are. Best of luck chica!! <333

Closed Thread