TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hide The Scars Offline
Moved to a new town again :(
Not a n00b

Name: Kaydence

Cocaine? - April 15th 2009, 08:25 AM

Ok, so my friend got some cocaine and she wants me to go snort it with her this weekend, but I don't know if I should. I mean, I don't have any questions about wanting to get high, I know I do, but it's the whole coming down and the possibility of getting addicted thing that's bothering me.
What are the chances that I'll get hooked? And what's it going to be like coming down from it? My friend said it's like being extremely depressed, but I already have depression, so would it be a lot worse? I don't know, I just have this fear that I'll get depressed enough to attempt suicide again or something.
Has anyone else done it? What's it like? :confused:

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Name: Jessy

Re: Cocaine? - April 15th 2009, 09:39 AM

Don't do it. It's illegal for a reason. If the police found out about your friend possessing cocaine, in the uk (i'm not sure about the usa) she could face up to seven years in prison.

There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.

Proud reciever of a glance from Kyo xD

Mada tooi anataboshi

(#3 (permalink)) Old
romanemul Offline
RMi
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Roman

Re: Cocaine? - April 15th 2009, 10:02 AM

I give you an advice. Dont ask how it feels like. Ok ? Dont try that. Even if someone argues you . Never try hard drugs (chemical) these drugs are the worst s****. Its almost 100% that you stay addictive from chemical.

Try to asking your friend if he can help if you stay addictive. And watch his answer.

I think not.

DONT DO DRUGS.

sorry for my bad english.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Cocaine? - April 15th 2009, 10:06 AM

Some people get extremely depressed when they're coming down & some people don't. it's the risk you take, as with most drugs.. because you don't know how you're gunna react til you take it.

you get the euphoria for about 30 minutes give or take i suppose, then you start coming down. I'd be really tired, really irritible and generally quite depressed. and no, i wasn't particularly depressed to begin with. i was lucky in the fact that it passed for me and i was pretty much fine afterwards, but for some people i know it does linger.

i know a few people who have/had depression and have/had used cocaine to in a way self medicate, turned out/is turning out rather disastrously as you can imagine.

it's your call really, if you're prepared to take the risk then do it, it's your body. i'm not gunna sit here and preach to you about how bad it is, because if you want to do it you most likely will anyway.

if i were you though, with a pre-existing problem with depression i'd probably stay away from it.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Cocaine? - April 15th 2009, 04:02 PM

I really dont think you should try it. If you do get hooked on it, it can cause you brain damage.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
NuHalo Offline
Strength.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shaun

Re: Cocaine? - April 15th 2009, 06:08 PM

It's not something you want to take lightly. As with all drugs, it runs risks, and of course they are illegal, and were labeled that way for a reason. Personally, we canot reccommend you do it, because it is in fact illegal. But if you decide to do it even with our forewarnings, reasearch your drug of choice before doing it. www.erowid.org is the best drug research site there is, and yes it also has experiences etc.

Either way, whatever your choice is, take care,
Shaun.

Click here to PM me any time, I'm here to help you if you want to talk to someone.

Beware lest you lose the substance, by grasping at the shadow. - The Dog and the Shadow, Aesop
  Send a message via MSN to NuHalo  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: Cocaine? - April 15th 2009, 07:22 PM

Okay, I am speaking from personal experience when I tell you do not try cocaine now or ever. It is extremely psychologically addictive. All it takes is one try for that addict mentality towards it to be engrained into you. I first tried it over four years ago. I am proud to say that I've made it almost a year without it now. I know after you quit all drugs the temptation and urges linger. However, the thing about coke is (at least my) urges never lessen. It is the same hunger I felt after the first month without it and it's been a whole year. The strangest thing is your memory plays tricks on you. What I mean by that is you idolize the drug. In your memory it is a hundred times better than it really feels which leads you to do more and more chasing that fantasy high. It is easy to go overboard because of the purity issue. In fact, I lost my friend to a combination drug overdose that included cocaine. She was sixteen and had only started using cocaine a few months prior. Now, the two friends that were using the drugs with her at the time are serving 20+ years in a federal prison. This isn't some hyped up horror story, it is my life after I let cocaine be a part of it.

If you do make the mistake of trying coke then DO NOT combine it with alcohol because this increases your chance of death. I recommend doing a little research into the drugs negative side effects. I think you'll find that paranoid psychosis, cardiac arrest (your heart stopping), seizures, respiratory arrest (stopping breathing), addiction , and a whole slew of other potential complications aren't worth the 20-30 minute high that cocaine affords you. If I haven't already convinced you to never try cocaine then please do yourself a favor and PM me. I'll talk to you about it for however long it takes. Your life is worth so much more than this. You are so much smarter than this. Think about your 10 year-old self... if she knew you were going to be doing a drug like cocaine in just 7 years time how do you think she would have reacted? With disgust, horror, fear, and disbelief? Think about what you are doing. Take care and make smart choices.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Cocaine? - April 16th 2009, 01:16 AM

If you've been suicidal before, I would definitely NOT do that. The comedown from cocaine is just awful. It's like nothing you've ever felt before, well for me atleast. All you do is sitting around doing more and more. Some people have been known to get hooked after one time. Don't do it. You're not missing anything.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Hide The Scars Offline
Moved to a new town again :(
Not a n00b

Name: Kaydence

Re: Cocaine? - April 16th 2009, 04:19 AM

I'm not really worried about the possibility of death, actually the original idea was kind of a suicide pact but my friend backed out, so we're just doing it because it's there, and I want to feel happy. I haven't been happy for years and years, I'd do anything to be happy, and I guess this is just my anything.
I'm just worried that after the short high I'll feel worse than before and either want more right away or go jump in front of a car.
I mean, I'm willing to give up everything for a short bit of happiness, but I don't really want to feel worse than before afterwards...
Oh and I was also worried about whether or not I'd be more inclined to have sex while high, I'm already known as being impulsive about that so I'm pretty sure there will be some people hanging around me with the intention of getting lucky or something...

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Seeen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Cocaine? - April 16th 2009, 04:52 AM

true nuff im not going to tell you to do it or not to do it

my experiances i got addicted to coke twice

stopped once and started like 8 months later

spent a good couple grand on ittttttttttt

when your high you feel on top of the world
everything fe3els good
everythings fun you got so much energy but then you start to fiend, and everytime you do another line the comedown is worse and worse.

youll eventually run out and i used to start realizing all the abnormalties with myself.

like i would realize how fast my heart was beating and it would freak me out, i woul dhave terrible pasties, couldnt stay still, felt tottaly weak, couldnt sleep, nose starts to kill you, cant eat to make yourself feel better.

everything gets mad sketchy too cause its not the same when you were high and you get stupid paranoid

the comedowns the reason why i quit coulda sworrn like 4 times i convinced myself i was oding and almost went to the hospital

(#11 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: Cocaine? - April 16th 2009, 05:40 AM

Quote:
I'm just worried that after the short high I'll feel worse than before and either want more right away or go jump in front of a car.
This is exactly what will happen... so don't do it. Coming down isn't fun. Truthfully, the fact that you are already depressed will make your comedown that much harder. Truthfully, coke isn't worth the money, the risks, the bs that comes along with it, the paranoia, or the addiction potential. I would bet you any amount of money that if you do it this weekend then it's not going to be your last time... it never is. If you keep on doing it you WILL become addicted. That is just fact.I don't think people understand quite how addictive it is. If you want to let this nightmare into your life I can't stop you. I won't pity you when you get addicted, wined up in jail, or get sent to the emergency room. I won't pity you because you knew what you were getting yourself into. We warned you and you didn't listen. No one is going to make you listen. You have to make that choice for yourself. Good luck with everything :meh:. PM me if you want to talk.

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Cocaine? - April 16th 2009, 02:35 PM

Sweetheart, this is something you should have known for a long time. Drugs do not equal happiness. It's an illusion. You're kidding yourself if you think this will make you happy. You'll end up feeling worse, trust me. I've done coke plenty of times and you feel.like.utter.shit. Suicide pacts, hard drugs, what have you. They're a fucking waste of time and you shouldn't stoop to that level. Your life is worth more than that.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
World Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jolene

Thumbs down Re: Cocaine? - April 19th 2009, 07:40 PM

I had one line, and was comming down for a week.
i didn't really feel depressed. Just ill, all the time. Don't do it

(#14 (permalink)) Old
NuHalo Offline
Strength.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shaun

Re: Cocaine? - April 19th 2009, 11:58 PM

Marked as Triggering because.. It is.

Click here to PM me any time, I'm here to help you if you want to talk to someone.

Beware lest you lose the substance, by grasping at the shadow. - The Dog and the Shadow, Aesop
  Send a message via MSN to NuHalo  
Closed Thread