TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kokorocks Offline
Average Joe

Name: Damien

Four Loko's - December 5th 2012, 02:41 AM

Okay, first off hello to everyone I haven't been on here in forever I apologize.

Secondly,
so a couple weekends ago I had a four loko and smoked some pot (I'm an alcohol drinker, usually drink vodka, rum or whiskey, and I smoke pot every weekend. I don't need a speech on that because i'm not going to change that hah) But one night I got a four loko (for those that don't know it's this drink that's illegal in my state, and it's alcohol and energy drink) well I was in the back of a van laying on my boyfriend when all of a sudden for the first time ever I had a seizure. I was conscious all throughout it and then after a bit I like passed out and couldn't move, even though I still knew everything that was going on. They tried to pick me up but I just fell back down.
The next night I was stupid and had one left so I shared it again with my boyfriend, this time I had five seizures....much worse ones. I couldn't breathe and had to keep beating my chest to breathe.
So I was just like I'm not going to drink four loko's again, (And I think it's the mix of the energy drink, alcohol and my medication, but i've drank rum and smoked weed since then and have been fine) but I've been having really severe headaches in the back of my head.
I have a cyst in my head (in the middle of it and have headaches 24/7) but it's never been this painful and for so long.
My mom thinks to bring me to the doctors (I tell her everything) but I don't think it's worth it. Would I get in trouble, and like what could they do about it?

Send a message via MSN to kokorocks  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: Four Loko's - December 5th 2012, 03:48 AM

You're having seizures. You absolutely should go to the doctor.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Four Loko's - December 5th 2012, 07:40 AM

First, you should call a pharmacist and ask them if your medications can have seizures/headaches as a side effect, especially when mixed with everything you used. You don't have to call your family's pharmacist- you can call a random one at a store you don't go to or go to a random store that you don't go to regularly and ask.

Second, you should try not mixing alcohol and weed. That by itself might be causing the headaches.

If they don't stop after that, then yeah you're going to want to see a doctor it because they could be indicative of a more serious problem that is developing.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Four Loko's - December 5th 2012, 03:34 PM

You should absolutely go to the doctors. The thing about drugs and this includes caffeine and alcohol is that they can make pre-existing conditions irreversibly worse, or can make underlying conditions present themselves. Even if you don’t drink another one for the rest of your life, you could have triggered a life threatening disorder. What if now you have a seizure disorder? What if the next time you have a seizure is when you are driving a car? You need to make sure that this isn’t the case so that you don’t harm yourself or others. You said you are not sure if it is worth it? Its 400% worth it to go to the doctor about this.

You need to go to the doctors and tell them exactly what happened and don’t hold anything back. You will probably get in trouble with your parents, but seizures are no joke and your health is way more important than being grounded.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
kokorocks Offline
Average Joe

Name: Damien

Re: Four Loko's - December 5th 2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
You should absolutely go to the doctors. The thing about drugs and this includes caffeine and alcohol is that they can make pre-existing conditions irreversibly worse, or can make underlying conditions present themselves. Even if you donít drink another one for the rest of your life, you could have triggered a life threatening disorder. What if now you have a seizure disorder? What if the next time you have a seizure is when you are driving a car? You need to make sure that this isnít the case so that you donít harm yourself or others. You said you are not sure if it is worth it? Its 400% worth it to go to the doctor about this.

You need to go to the doctors and tell them exactly what happened and donít hold anything back. You will probably get in trouble with your parents, but seizures are no joke and your health is way more important than being grounded.
Oh no, my parents know i drink, smoke and did the four loko's. They know I'm going to do these things, but they just want me to be safe about it because i'm going through the "experimenting years" so they know and everything and I wouldn't get in trouble. My parents have even picked me up from parties where i've been wasted and taken care of me.
But like, what will the doctors do? What can they do?

I'll check into It I guess. I just felt like I'd be annoyed if it turned out to be nothing but again you guys made a good point that it's better to make sure it's not something than not knowing.

Send a message via MSN to kokorocks  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: Four Loko's - December 5th 2012, 10:19 PM

I have no idea what the doctors will do, I've never had seizures nor do I know anyone who has them. But if you have a seizure while you're driving, you could end up getting seriously hurt, or killing yourself, or killing someone else.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Four Loko's - December 6th 2012, 03:32 AM

I have to agree that since your health is on the line, its very important that you go to the doctors immediately. You did something illegal, so its not exactly unjust if you do receive some sort of punishment by law for it, but its definitely worth it over having another seizure or even dying.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

Closed Thread