TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cougar24 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

drinking during the day - December 6th 2012, 03:32 AM

Due to some crap thats been going on I feel like the only way to get through the day is to have a drink. Like today at school I went home for lunch and didnt even eat anything, I just had a drink and went back. If i dont do it then my days are just terrible, and they were terrible before I started drinking too. Is this really that bad?

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: drinking during the day - December 8th 2012, 08:42 AM

Hey there,

Firstly, yes, if you are needing to drink just to get through the day then you probably need some help. Drinking to excess and drinking without eating can seriously harm your body, and being constantly intoxicated will not help you get through life.

I really recommend that you speak to someone about this. If you're needing to drink just to get through the day, then perhaps you need to talk to someone about what's bothering you? What is it that makes you feel like you need to drink? Perhaps you could try speaking to a counselor, like a school guidance counselor, about the things that are bothering you or that you are struggling with? There may be other ways you can deal with them instead of drinking.

Secondly, I'd recommend you talk to someone specifically about the drink. There might be a support group near you that you could go to, or perhaps even just talking to a friend and having someone help keep you accountable might help. You don't need to deal with this on your own.

Take care.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: drinking during the day - December 8th 2012, 09:01 AM

Hey there, yes it is really bad, it's detrimental to your health and body. Also, whatever you are going through can be resolved, drinking to make the pain fade won't help. It's like putting a bandaid on something that requires stitches. You should go to someone before it is more than on drink during lunch.
P.S. Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy it here

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: drinking during the day - December 8th 2012, 10:39 AM

Yes. Not that drinking during the day is a bad thing, it's the fact that if you don't have a drink, your day is crap. That's alcohol dependence, and that's definitely a problem.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: drinking during the day - December 8th 2012, 11:44 PM

With regards to support groups about the drinking, I know in my country we have AlATeen - Alcoholics Anonymous for teenagers. There might be something similar near you.

Drinking during the day in and of itself is not a problem, but being intoxicated at school, and relying on alcohol to get through the day is a problem. You need to talk to someone to tackle the underlying issues - for example, the reason why your days were crappy even before you started drinking. If you can get help for that, then you will likely become much less dependent on alcohol.

Best wishes, and all that.

Closed Thread