TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AKidNamedRyan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Weed... - February 7th 2013, 01:41 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hey guys.. so i am a stoner.. i started smoking weed about two years ago and its gotten way out of controll... i used to be a straight A student and now i get basically straight c's...

Ive never been caught smoking or gotten in trouble for it, but 3 of my bestfriends just got expelled from highschool last week for smoking weed in the bathroom (i know theyre stupid for doing it) and now i dont know what to do. Before i started smoking i was a total unpopular kid and had literally 0 friends, but now i have alot of friends and am fairly popular.. but i dont want to end up ruining my life from this..

i smoke just about every other week day and every day on the weekend.. ive tried quitting but its too hard when the only people im friends with smoke too.. dont judge me for this, if you have been in a similar situation i would like to hear your advice please... thanks

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Weed... - February 7th 2013, 03:25 PM

Ask them if when you hang out with them that they won’t smoke around you. Let them know you are trying to quit and that smoking near you is too much of a trigger. If they are your true friends, they won’t care if you stop smoking and if they do care, they weren’t your real friends to begin with. Why not try out or a sport or a club, get yourself involved and keep busy. If you are busy, you will have less time to think about smoking, plus you will gain new friends.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Paix et Amour Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Re: Weed... - February 10th 2013, 08:12 AM

Well weed can be a great thing, just try to use it in moderation. If your grades slip from it I assume you are doing it during the day? Maybe just try smoking once you've finished studying and doing whatever or just leaving it for weekends and an occasional weekday? Other than that you can smoke like an hour before bed to be able to enjoy it and sleep better from it and have it likely not effect your life negatively in any way. Good luck though!
  Send a message via MSN to Paix et Amour Send a message via Skype™ to Paix et Amour 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
THE FAPMAN Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mr. Fap

Re: Weed... - February 13th 2013, 05:58 PM

Hmm... Well, I'm an active consumer. Weed is a very wierd thing. In my case, I smoke it fair amount of time (I was on the chat few hours ago while i was "high".) You started to smoke weed because of 2 things.
1. You were unpopular, you wanted to look cool.
2. It was new and unexplored for you.
Now, the consequences. In my case, I smoke only if I the money to buy. And money to buy means the spare money, not the money I get from my parents, etc.
As people have said - ask your friends not to smoke for a few months, explain them the situation. If they are your real friends, they will listen to you. If not, try not to go to smoked areas, if you have the need to smoke, and youre home, masturbate. Masturbation is a way to relax, just like weed. If youre not home, youre for an instance in school, and you have the desire - concentrate on the school, on the thing you are learning. If youre out, hey, talk to a friend how a duck passed the road. Talk about school, about everything. Keep your mind occupied, becuause your brain wants weed. Keep him occupied. You cant talk and think of weed. Or, as Sarah said, smoke it before bed time. But, not more than 0.3, ok? Thats your limit. Finish the thing you need for school, or if you cant concentrate, roll a 0.2 thats not strong, and you will be fine after some time. Or if you just want to quit, lower the consumation, or how much you consume. If you consume 0.5, ok, but the next week roll 0.4, week after that 0.3, and so on, so forth. I know a lot about that area, so dont hesitate to contact me via PM, if you need something, were here for you! i had the same problem, but I've learned how to control it...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Weed... - February 14th 2013, 06:46 PM

Well, the problem is that I don't feel like the definition of a "good" friend is whether or not they'll quit so that you can quit too. It'd be like if I was an alcoholic I wouldn't expect my friends to stop drinking just so that I don't have to deal with it; I'd just let them know like, look, I've decided to stop doing this for my health, so if it's cool I'm not going to do it with you guys any more and maybe we'll be doing stuff that doesn't involve it.
The one thing you should do is, for example, if you are at a party, don't get totally drunk. That way if the weed comes out your inhibitions won't be down and you won't be like "oh, good idea", it'll be easier to resist if you are sober. You can still drink but I'd have like a drink or 2 (or 3, what ever your "I'm just enjoying some drinks and sober" limit is) and switch to something else; put pop or water into your beer bottle if necessary or just stop adding rum to your pop if you don't want to get bugged for it, I know that sounds lame but it does work. If you are in situations where it is getting used and you can't avoid being around it not being completely wasted will help. And leaving (walking, driving, calling for a ride) would also be good if the temptation is to strong or even just going outside for "fresh air" while it's going on, if your away from the smell of it that might help.
I honestly don't think that you need to be a total stoner to be popular, I didn't have to drink for people who drank to want to be my friend, they just learned to respect the fact that I wouldn't come to parties because it wasn't something I wanted to be around OR if that I came I'd just go home once everyone started getting particularly drunk, even now when I drink every once in a while (ex. I'll have a glass of wine sometimes) my friends are still like yeah ok, that's fine, like it really doesn't bother them. So I truly believe that you CAN state your unwillingness to no longer speak weed and it will be fine. I have also experienced this even when I did smoke weed; I'd be hanging with my guy native friends on the reserve and they'd be like want to smoke and I'd just be like no, cause I had to go home and didn't want to drive while high (even though some people think it's fine I've never approved) and stuff, and they'd just sort of shrug and move on. Now maybe this doesn't translate to every case, and I'd imagine it won't, but in most cases people will not care if you choose not to do something as long as you don't try to preach to them as to why they should stop too.
You could always try to make a better connection with friends who aren't such hard core smokers, this would help too. If you don't want it to seem weird that you're suddenly all interested in random people you could just be like "look, I'm trying to quit smoking weed and I thought maybe it'd be cool if we chill, I'd love to spend more time with people who don't smoke."

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread