TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SelfMedication Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rachel

Exclamation I really need some advice... - February 25th 2013, 06:32 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm 17 and I use a lot of drugs. Name it I've probably done it. I've done weed, alcohol, perks, oxy, adderal, cocaine, lsd, mdma, ketamine, and I think thats it but who the hell knows to be honest. Every weekend I drink and do a bunch of drugs. I usually mix. For example, last friday i snorted mdma and coke while drinking a lot. I blacked out and then slept with the host of the party. That was not planned at all. Granted I'm not doing drugs every day so i feel like i don't have a problem but maybe every weekend is a problem. I don't know. I used to self harm and have an eating disorder but since I've started using those things have taken a back seat. I just really need some advice.. I feel a little lost.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: I really need some advice... - February 25th 2013, 07:03 PM

Rachel,

I am glad you have come to us for advice and welcome to TeenHelp

It sounds like you definitely have some stuff going on in your life that you need to take a serious look at. The self-harm issues, the drug issues, the eating disorder issues; those are all masks for other issues going on in your life. You are trying to take control of your life with those things, perhaps because you feel like you don’t have any control over your life otherwise? It could be numerous reasons on why you resort to doing what you do, but the main concern, for now, is that you are doing them. I suggest that you seek out professional help. Because there are drugs and alcohol in the picture, its best to start off at your doctors, you need to make sure that you are medically healthy before you start working on mentally healthy. You doctor can then refer you to a psychologist, or treatment facility, whichever he/she sees fit. And then you can take it from there.

We can offer support and advice from a peer perspective; we can be here to listen to you when you need to talk. But when it comes down to it, you are going to need to see a medical professional. We can’t tell if you are medically stable, we can’t tell if you need a treatment facility, so that’s going to be my best advice for you, to reach out and get some help for yourself.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

Closed Thread