TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while

Name: Ghost

Can you stop? - March 21st 2013, 12:37 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I realize this question has different implications depending on what drug you use and how often, but if you are a drug user, could you stop taking your drug of choice tomorrow and be alright?

Right now I don't do much in the way of drugs. I do smoke a pipe daily, but have no problem going a few days without. I used to get cravings for alcohol, but don't anymore after a period of withdrawal and depression. I still drink moderately. The other drugs I just don't do enough to get into a regular "habit."

One (legal) exception is Effexor. If I don't have my Effexor on time my body starts to feel very strange (skin gets "rubbery," electric sensations in my brain, nausea, vomiting, etc.) It's bad enough I called the ER once and considered checking myself in because I couldn't get a refill. Another time someone bought me Emetrol at the pharmacy because I didn't have enough money and they saw I was visibly ill. Stupid pharma companies saying these drugs have "no withdrawal symptoms."

The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
THE FAPMAN Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mr. Fap

Re: Can you stop? - March 21st 2013, 09:32 AM

Mhm... Sorry to hear that...
Me? Hmm, ill be honest. I drink, i smoke and i do drugs. I cant stop smoking, probably cant stop drinking too. Weed - yes. The rest - no.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Can you stop? - April 3rd 2013, 05:22 PM

I don't drink much, but after a night of drinking all I want to do the next day is drink more.. So I've limited my drinking to once in a while because I'm worried if I did drink more regularly I would start depending on it. But at the moment I can stop.

I don't smoke or take any drugs just in case I get addicted because I have an addictive personality.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: Can you stop? - April 6th 2013, 01:59 AM

Nicotine and caffeine are my drugs of choice.

Could I go without? Well, when I've been in hospital (which is smoke free) I've gone without for a couple of weeks, with no major cravings, but the first thing I did when I got released was have a smoke. So I suppose I could stop . . . I don't want to though.

Caffeine . . . yes, I can go without that, but I do like it.

Cannabis - yes, can definitely stop. I suppose it helps that I find it hard to source it. I enjoy it (were it legal, it would definitely be my drug of choice), but I find it easy enough to go without.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: Can you stop? - April 7th 2013, 08:20 PM

Yeah I can stop... I'm not addicted to anything... But I do like to pop pills... It makes me feel better... Do I usually want more? Yes, but I don't have money or anything... And no place to really get them. Then again what I would like isn't legal.. It used to be... So I just take my prescribed meds and sometimes take a little more than I should... I can stop anytime.

Alcohol I don't drink.. To me it tastes gross and I don't smoke

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Can you stop? - April 8th 2013, 07:49 PM

If I had to give up caffeine tomorrow I would not be OK. I am very much addicted to caffeine and I have tried to quit in the past and the withdraw symptoms are the worst. So I am going to be honest and say "nope", I can't shake my love for caffeine.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#7 (permalink)) Old
THE FAPMAN Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mr. Fap

Re: Can you stop? - April 8th 2013, 08:24 PM

Well, this will be stupid.
But, where do you people get your meds?! All i have is my old man's Xanax. But thats it... O.o
What are good meds that are international? Like, antidepresives and that it aint xanax cuz hes... Strong...
Its interesting how more people are addicted to meds and caffeeine then to cigarettes... And as i already said im addicted to tobbacco and alcohol... But im 6-7 days clean on alcohol... Yaay... Now i triggered myself... Relapsing time...

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: Can you stop? - April 9th 2013, 11:17 AM

Nicotine - No. I don't think I could stop cold turkey.
Weed - Yes. I could easily stop. I haven't been smoking it for very long though.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Can you stop? - April 9th 2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryBunny View Post
Well, this will be stupid.
But, where do you people get your meds?! All i have is my old man's Xanax. But thats it... O.o
What are good meds that are international? Like, antidepresives and that it aint xanax cuz hes... Strong...
Just a quick note, while users may talk about personally taking illegal drugs, we do not condone illegal behavoir. We also do not allow users to share information on where they obtain illegal drugs. We want to a create a safe place for people to talk about their life and issues they may be having and discusing where to obtain illegal substances or asking where to obtain illegal substaces is not apporpriate for our site.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Can you stop? - April 12th 2013, 04:43 PM

Oh, I forgot caffeine.
I think I'm actually addicted to caffeine because I tried to give up diet coke for lent and I was shaking constantly, had headaches and I couldn't concentrate. Huh..

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Can you stop? - April 12th 2013, 11:01 PM

I don't think I could give up caffeine. I tried doing it as part of this body cleansing diet and I got so sick. Throwing up, headaches, the works. So, that one probably wouldn't work out too well. I think I could give up cigarettes if I really had to, but I'd prefer not to.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: Can you stop? - April 13th 2013, 05:37 PM

tobacco - yes, easily.
alcohol - I'm currently starting a week of not drinking. On the first day and I'm struggling already.

Closed Thread