TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lost_chil Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Unhappy Perscription pills and drugs(Meth)...? - April 20th 2009, 11:52 AM

*Might be trig not sure...*

NEver thoguht i would EVER be posting here but again, first time for everything...

Long story short, my life fucking sucks... For many reasons... Iam 3 provinces away from the love of my life... Cant see her again till the summer... We're dirt poor right now... I need an up on my meds (Iam on prozac, 30MG) and i need meds for ADD and Bipolar and what not... But anyways...

I have been thinking about this for god knows how many months and it still seems better... I have been thinking of "trying" some drugs... Yes i know that will prob mean iam going to get hooked and all that... But i dont care... I cant take this pain any longer so i just dont care.. Iam trying to wait till i get back to Ontario tho... Buit i just dont know how long i can hold on... Its getting worse and worse... I just need an escape so bad... MY main questions is... Say MEth for example(Prob what iam going to use...) What would it do to me if iam on Prozac for depression? What can it do? Iam not asking if i should do this or not cuz i already know i should't... But thats almost not an option anymore... I know iam going to... just a matter of time... So what could it do to me? Iam waiting till Ontario... Well trying cuz i have trust issues and dont want to give my money to just anyone... At least in Ontario my friends know get them alot so they would know how to get them for me as well... But like ya...

So just... What COULD happen if i take my prozac and start doing drugs like meth and what not? Are there any dangers?

Thanks

We May Be Miles Apart. But Your Always Closer To The Moon. And Brighter Than The Stars

PM me anytime! =D
  Send a message via MSN to lost_chil Send a message via Skype™ to lost_chil 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Marionette. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Perscription pills and drugs(Meth)...? - April 20th 2009, 12:32 PM

Ok firstly risks of using methamphetamine include heart attack, stroke, seizures, psychosis, and death.

Prozac is usually given to patients who are addicted to methamphetamine to reduce short-term craving. So using both is kind of a contradiction.
I couldn't tell you for sure if the two would create a harmful mixture, but either way it's a bad idea.
Using drugs with untreated (and even treated) mental health problems is a bad cocktail. In many cases, the drugs spark a part of the brain resulting in the disorders becoming worse and/or causing new ones to arise.
Especially with Meth, studies have shown a connection between the drug abusers and similar brain abnormalities like those of depression. So think of what it could do to someone who already suffers from it...

Please reconsider, the fact that you want to know if the mixture is dangerous shows that you care for your health. Don't throw your life away.
Just take one step at a time and work everything out bit by bit.
Now looking at everything, it will all seem overwhelming.
But seriously, just get organised and it'll all come through.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: Perscription pills and drugs(Meth)...? - April 20th 2009, 03:33 PM

Hey,

I personally know how depressing loneliness can be. The real kicker is loneliness is such a false feeling. Unless you are marooned on an island or some such scenario then you are not alone. You have someone special who cares about you. While she might not be in your arms right now she is still in your heart. Hold onto those warm feelings of love when you are feeling low. Call her when you need someone to talk to. Write her letters or e-mails expressing how you feel. You will be with her again soon. Summer is just around the corner. Don't throw your whole life away just because you couldn't have exactly what you wanted when you wanted it.

Quote:
Yes i know that will prob mean iam going to get hooked and all that... But i dont care... I cant take this pain any longer so i just dont care..
I know you said you don't care about yourself but do you care about Haley? If you really care about her you won't put her through this. When you abuse drugs you aren't only hurting yourself but rather you hurt everyone around you as well. Do you want to cause her that kind of pain? As a side note drug use isn't an inexpensive habit. It will do nothing to help your current financial situation. I don't know the whole story but if spend your money on drugs will you have enough resources to even visit her at all? I know you want to see her so don't put that in jeopardy. I don't know Haley's views on meth abuse but I do know that I could never stand by and watch while the person I love slowly killed themselves. Do you want to risk losing her over this? Do you really think it is going to be worth it?

Prozac and methamphetamine have major drug interaction. They both effect your bodies serotonin levels. Due to this, taking them both together or even up to a week or more apart (because of Prozac's long half life) can increase your risk of serotonin syndrome. Serotonin syndrome is serious and potentially fatal. Either Prozac or meth alone could potentially cause serotonin syndrome so combining the two increases your risk. Additionally, side effects of methamphetamine use can actually mimic bipolar disorder. Therefore your current situation would only go from bad to worse. The addiction potential for meth is huge. Long term side effects of using meth include: irreversible brain damage, psychosis, memory loss, mood disturbances, severe dental problems, and aggressive or violent behavior. Meth destroys lives. Do you value your life? Do you value yourself? Do you want to throw away everything you have worked for? Do you want to be happy again?Meth abuse will ruin any chances of a happy fulfilling life while your stilling using. Don't let drug abuse into your life. It is a world of hurt and it doesn't do anyone any good. If you ever need someone to talk to I am here for you. You have other options. Make the right decision. Take care and think about your actions.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

sources:
http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php
http://www.drugabuse.gov/NIDA_notes/NNvol19N4/Mood.html
http://www.drugabuse.gov/Researchrep...methamph3.html
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ser...SECTION=causes

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

Last edited by soul; April 20th 2009 at 03:46 PM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
a_girlsdreams Offline
Average Joe

Re: Perscription pills and drugs(Meth)...? - April 25th 2009, 02:53 AM

It COULD kill you.

You should rethink about what the 'love of your life' feels.
Rethink if theyre worth staying clean.
Because right now, youre not acting like theyre worth it.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Perscription pills and drugs(Meth)...? - April 30th 2009, 04:31 PM

How could you even ask if Meth and mixing drugs are dangerous? You obviously do care about what'll happen to you otherwise you wouldn't be ask such questions. What would your girlfriend think of this ridiculous decision? If your life sucks, you'd want to make it better somehow, and killing yourself with drugs will ruin everything, especially for your family and girlfriend.

Closed Thread