TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
myspace Offline
Average Joe

taking adderal before a test - April 21st 2009, 01:15 AM

What are the risks if you don't have a prescription?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
jessica1122 Offline
Michael's Girl
Average Joe

Name: Jessica

Re: taking adderal before a test - April 21st 2009, 02:12 AM

theres alot! even some if it is prescribed.

but non prescribed use side effects are:
  • fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeats;
  • feeling light-headed, fainting;
  • increased blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, trouble concentrating, chest pain, numbness, seizure); or
  • tremor, restlessness, hallucinations, unusual behavior, or motor tics (muscle twitches).
Less serious Adderall side effects may include:
  • headache or dizziness;
  • sleep problems (insomnia);
  • dry mouth or an unpleasant taste in your mouth;
  • diarrhea, constipation;
  • loss of appetite, weight loss; or
  • loss of interest in sex, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.
[[Source: http://www.drugs.com/adderall.html ]]

i recommend not taking it! even when prescribed it can be very dangerous, my bf had to take it for his ADHD and its done permanent damage. He hardly eats or sleep, and can barely keep it up for 10 minutes if u know what i mean.

~~Jessica and Michael~~

We started dating 11/22/08
He told me he loved me on his 8th birthday
And i never believed he still would
After all that time....
until the day that changed my life
  Send a message via Yahoo to jessica1122  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
gaelic_runner Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: taking adderal before a test - April 21st 2009, 04:00 AM

if you dont need it for adhd and you are not used to takiung it it can actually decrease your concentration and causen your thoughts to race and you to become fidgety............=decreased performancce on tests

(#4 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: taking adderal before a test - April 23rd 2009, 10:12 PM

Hey,

You shouldn't take any prescription medicine that hasn't been prescribed to you. Adderall is highly addictive. You may think it will only just be this one time but I hate to break it to you that is is almost never just one time. There are serious consequences to taking Adderall when you don't need it.

Quote:
If abused, prescription stimulants can cause hallucinations and psychotic behavior.
Quote:
It is a Schedule 2 drug, which means it is approved for medical use but also has the highest potential for abuse.
Quote:
As Adderall is similar in its chemical makeup to methamphetamine, it poses additional dangers. Extended, continuous abuse can result in developmental problems concerning the brain and negative changes in brain wave activity.
Everyone responses to amphetamines differently and it is impossible to tell how your body will react. Because of the way it is metabolized in the body the toxic dose ranges dramatically.

Quote:
A June 2005 FDA document says that while individual response to amphetamines varies, toxic symptoms can occur, though rarely, at doses as low as two milligrams. The report says toxic symptoms are rare with doses of less than 15 milligrams, and that doses of 30 milligrams or more can produce severe reactions.
This really isn't worth the risk especially since there is no guarantee that it will even improve your grades.

Quote:
Substance Abuse Research Center found that people who use these medications generally have a lower grade point average than those who do not abuse these prescription drugs.
Think about what you are really doing to yourself before you make this mistake. I know I would rather fail than put my health in danger and cheat. Another thing to consider is the fact that this is illegal. To find out more about the legal status in your country go HERE. Do you really want to risk throwing your future away like this. I hope you make the right decision. Take care and think about the consequences to your actions.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

Sources:
http://www.kansan.com/stories/2006/feb/02/drugs/
http://www.adrugrecall.com/news/adderall-abuse.html
http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/3703.html

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Shannon Offline
The Awesome-ist.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shannon

Re: taking adderal before a test - April 26th 2009, 10:23 PM

Adderall is highly addictive. I tried it once, and you and your body think, "Man, this is great!" and you just want more immediately. However, I did take it before a test. I did very well on that particular test. But I still don't suggest it.

Closed Thread