TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KeithSixx Offline
KeithSixx
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Keith

Question How to permanantly get off Weed - September 15th 2013, 08:25 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm 17 and have been smoking weed everyday like 1-6 times per day for the past 7 months non stop. I've decided to quit it because I'm slacking in everything I do plus my money don't seem to last. I've spent large amounts of money on weed.

I quit 3 days ago,and I did research on the withdrawel symptoms and I'm experiencing them now. Decreased apetite and nausea seems to be the biggest problem now.

My question is: It's holiday now and I'm sat at home,bored with a limited allowance. How can I keep myself busy to avoid going back to my old ways?

sorry for the long novel hahah

Keith

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: How to permanantly get off Weed - September 16th 2013, 01:33 AM

Hey there,

One way you can go about quitting is by quitting cold-turkey. This would mean not purchasing anything more and throwing out or destroying any supplies you may have. Maybe as far as the nausea you will get goes, you can try and eat foods like crackers or a soup that are light on the stomach, or drink ginger ale. Try to also get rest if possible.

You can also try and gradually decrease the amount of times you smoke per day and per week, gradually decreasing the amount you use until you are done with it.

Maybe you can put encouraging quotes and pictures where you can see them to remind yourself that you can do this and get through this. Also find distractions when the urge to smoke really hits, so you don't go back to smoking weed. Some distractions can be found here. I know it says alternatives to self harm, but some of them may work.

Also, get support! One thing you can do is speak with friends and family and they can help you through this, but you can also get the support of an adult like a doctor, therapist, or counselor, they may be able to help you and give you alternatives to smoking weed.

You can do this!

-Dez

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ruben Offline
I can be a SuperMan
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ruben

Re: How to permanantly get off Weed - September 16th 2013, 11:16 AM

Hello there

i have been around the block with weed... i had my experience's in this and it was nice while it lasted but same as you i had to stop because i started to lack in all the other aspects in my life.

so i told my self from here no more.
i was really hard for me to stop because i always had enough money to buy it but i sent a goal for my self.

first it was to hold out 1 day, when that one day was done i moved the goal to 2-3 days, and then to a week, and so on and so on...

and in the mean time i got something to keep busy with like a hobby. now some of the stuff i did might sound dumb but it kept my hands busy and it kept my mind on other places.

Like making a garden (i actually did this), cleaning the house, playing with the dog , trying to exercise (fitness)... sometimes it is the small stuff that never makes sense, its normally those that helps the most to come through a situation that is hard to accomplish.

Best of luck, the symptoms normally doesn't last very long. Keep strong :d
  Send a message via Skype™ to ruben 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: How to permanantly get off Weed - September 18th 2013, 10:50 PM

I have never used weed before, but I know of some people who do. Maybe just try, instead of smoking weed 7 days a week, do 6 days, etc. When you feel you can go a day without smoking weed, then move onto 2 days, etc. Keep going until you can go a week, month, etc. without smoking weed.

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#5 (permalink)) Old
THE FAPMAN Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mr. Fap

Re: How to permanantly get off Weed - September 19th 2013, 09:21 AM

Well, gaming. I have a smoking addiction problem (and btw i know to have a few joints, your problem is that you had too much of it really. People say weed is healthy. It is in small amounts. In amounts you had its pretty much lethal). And i keep myself occupied with the small things like Ruben said, but i also love games. They are my most support. And people who respect me... The start is the hardest, or as some say it: Its hardest to start with something, and its stopping. Its hard to start stopping... yea, retarded... xD
Anyways, just go day by day, keep your mind off things (for me i as i said, gaming) and just chill...
Catch up with friends who dont smoke ANYTHING (thats important, smoke is smoke) and be busy all the time (after the nausea stops, it should stop in 3-4 days). Eat light food (no hamburgers!) and decreased appetite will stop in about 5-6 days... I hope i helped... You can always pm me if you want a friend with simillar experiences to talk to or if you just want to catch up and have fun...
Best regards from Sirius galaxy! (we do have wi-fi here)

Closed Thread