TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
terroramy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amy

worried about a friend - November 16th 2013, 07:50 AM

Recently i found out one of my closest friends is smoking synthetic weed and she said she smokes it about 2-3 times a week. For a while i've been extremely worried because of her self-harm, she doesn't know i know but her shorts slipped a bit and there were a lot of deep cuts.

I think that she might be using weed as something to help her cope with stuff, and will start to become co-dependent on it. Shes also only 14 and i don't how she is getting it, and how it will effect her schooling.

Last edited by terroramy; November 16th 2013 at 09:15 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: worried about a friend - November 17th 2013, 05:11 PM

Hey there,

I would definitely try to approach her about this. Drugs and self harm are serious problems that can have extreme consequences.

First, I would tell her that I've seen some cuts on her legs. Then, assure her that you are there for her. You may also want to bring up the smoking. Tell her that you are worried about her and that you're here to help.

First, urge her to open up to her parents or a school guidance counselor. It sounds like there are some underlying issues that are causing her to turn to these behaviors to cope. With counseling, she will be able to get support from a professional and sort through her feelings.

I would also give her a list such as this one. It is labeled "alternatives to self harm", but she can also use these to distract herself when she feels like smoking.

You are a great friend for being worried about her Good luck with everything
Nal

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Closed Thread