TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ChemKitten Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ali

Exclamation I need a list of alternatives to do instead of getting high! - November 16th 2013, 10:11 PM

THIS IS NOT FOR ME it's for my 13 year old cousin. She smokes marijuana and does Xanax and also self harms. I want to help her because I know what she's going through. I've been in her place before when I was 13 (I'm 15 now) but I never did drugs. I wanted to, but never did. She has even been molested before! This poor girl is only 13 and has her entire life ahead of her. I met her for the first time today and later tonight, I MIGHT see her. I'm not sure yet because my and my dad were supposed to be going to a family party and if she's going to be there then I'm definitely going.

Anyway, I really need a list of things she can do instead of getting high. Please, I'm begging you. Even if you only have one alternative, please tell me it. Thank you everyone.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: I need a list of alternatives to do instead of getting high! - November 16th 2013, 10:40 PM

Hey there!

it's really great that you are trying to find alternatives for your cousin! You are a really great person for that.

How about this list of alternatives to self harm? Some of these can be interchangeable, meaning she can use them for both the self harm and the drug use, since some of them do things like give you a sensation, or suggest things to do when you are feeling a certain emotion.

If you feel comfortable with it, you can also give her something like your phone number or email so she can call, text, or email you when she has the urge to get high or self harm, rather than actually do it. You can let her know it feels really good to have someone to talk to, and that you've been in her place before and do want to help her. If you feel comfortable, you can also refer her to TH, where she'll have lots of people to get support from!

I hope all goes well.

-Dez

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Adalia Rose Offline
Average Joe

Name: Adalia Rose

Re: I need a list of alternatives to do instead of getting high! - November 22nd 2013, 07:05 PM

I am personally having a problem with drugs myself and I highly recommend trying that list. It's done wonders for me

- Adalia

"Ghosts don't scare me. Flesh and blood people do." ~ Ellen Hopkins

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Averageteengirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I need a list of alternatives to do instead of getting high! - December 1st 2013, 04:14 PM

Surrounding yourself around people who do other things beside drugs,get out if the same circle you've been in. Maybe even stay to yourself. One thing you can fall back on is usually family too. Do things like a sport to keep you sober

Closed Thread