TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Ugh, weed. - April 28th 2009, 02:49 AM

'kay, so I've smoked weed around six or seven times, and out of those I went on a "bad trip" twice. I couldn't tell whether I was dead or stuck in a dream in which I was aware of everything. It was an interesting experience but going through it wasn't very enjoyable, especially twice, haha.

I'm just wondering... what exactly could be the cause for a bad trip? Is it because of having some sort of negative thoughts? The type of music you're listening to while high (like I heard techno music is a no-no)? The people you're hanging out with? Or maybe the kind of weed itself? All of the above?

And if you'd like to know more about my journey through hell I'd be more than happy to tell you about it (I love narrating it ).

(#2 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Ugh, weed. - April 30th 2009, 04:18 PM

You can't "trip" off weed unless it's laced with something else or else I think you may have just had a more psychedelic type high. The weed you had was probably just potent and you could have been thinking too much about it and had anxiety which led to a bad high. Techno is a definite YES to listen to while high if you want to be wigged out of your mind, but any music is good. It depends on the high you want. Usually i'll listen to chill out lounge/drum&bass music or stoner music.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Shannon Offline
The Awesome-ist.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shannon

Re: Ugh, weed. - May 1st 2009, 02:18 AM

Chances are that the weed itself was laced, extremely. Sounds like a few drops of acid or some strong dro. Obviously, harder drugs bring on more of a trip. I think that the way drugs affect you often depend on your mood, and personality. You may have some underlying feelings about some negative things that only surfaced once you were that deeply inside your subconcious. Or maybe you just had some negative thoughts. Sometimes, when you're high enough, one negative thought can just send you straight tumbling down.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
mr_null Offline
Formerly known as mr_null
Average Joe

Re: Ugh, weed. - May 1st 2009, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
Chances are that the weed itself was laced, extremely. Sounds like a few drops of acid or some strong dro. Obviously, harder drugs bring on more of a trip.
...you can't smoke LSD, and "dro" is just slang for hydroponic which is just potent marijuana and nothing else...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

Re: Ugh, weed. - May 1st 2009, 03:28 AM

My ex 'threw a whitey' at his college once on a bad trip. He experienced what he described as his 'own personal hell', which sounds a like what you said ... stuck in a repeating 'dream' of him stuck in nothingness forever; being concious of the world around him but not being able to react with anybody or anything.
It was put down to the fact that the weed was a mix of various 'types', and he smoked much more than everyone else ... but some of them felt more rough than 'normal' than usual. Mixing = not a good idea.

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Fucking Done Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Ugh, weed. - May 1st 2009, 03:32 AM

I don't think you can trip off weed, but once I did feel like I could see myself, creepy.
For me I can only smoke weed by myself when i'm drunk first. But when i'm with other people I can do it anytime. One of my friends can't smoke weed at night time outside, it makes her not enjoy it. Different for everybody.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Acedread Offline
Big Mike
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mike

Re: Ugh, weed. - May 1st 2009, 04:18 AM

It doesn't have to be laced. I've had plenty of times where I just kept thinking. That's the thing with weed, you can't think especially if you smoked a lot or aren't a heavy smoker.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
dollydead Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Ugh, weed. - May 11th 2009, 10:21 PM

Ok, alot of the posts to this are way off.
I can tell alot of them have no idea what they are talking about.

First off .. you wont trip on weed unless its laced, and one of the only things that it gets laced with is Cocaine (cocoa puffs). But that doesnt happen very often. The dealer will tell you what your getting since it would cost more. Its not logical for a dealer to lace weed with other drugs since they are often more expensive than the weed itself and there is no point..

Your weed wasnt laced. You just smoked stong weed, or possibly too much for what you could handle. I have been where you were before, Its just a panic attack caused by paranoia and anxiety (commen side effects of weed depending on the person). I had it happen only 2 times and i have been smoking since I was 14. If you want to continue smoking just relax and just keep in mind that its just the drug causing you to become scared or worried. If it keeps happening, maybe you shouldnt smoke.

Being in a bad mood or already anxious whe nyou smoke up can also make a difference. Just relax and try not to overthink anything if you start to get paranoid.
If you have a pre-existing aniety dissorder it could also just be bringing it out and if thats the case, your not doing yourself any favors, just making it worse.

As for the Techno thing. Music wont change your high. It will impact your mood just the same as it would if you were sober. So if you like techno. listen to it. If you dont. Dont listen to it. Simple.

PM me if you have other questions.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mercedes-Lynne

Re: Ugh, weed. - May 12th 2009, 02:30 AM

Okay. im not trying to sound like a bad person but i think that weed can be a good thing. it helps me clear my mind and relax and just chill. BUT, when weed is laced, THATS BAD. you should watch who u take drugs from, never take it from a stanger. it could b laced with something harmful, even worse, deadly. trust me i know. my brother ended up in a hospital because he took laced weed. So what im sayin is weed isnt a bad thing, but u have to watch who u take it from.

Oh yea and it doesnt sound like youre weed was laced... it was just really strong weed by the sounds of it. just watch how much u smoke. me i can handle alot of weed because ive been smoking it for a while now.

Last edited by blue-and-pink-kisses; May 12th 2009 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.

Closed Thread