TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
silversun Offline
Hello, gorgeous :o)
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kayla

Question Ectasy?(sp?) - April 29th 2009, 12:15 AM

I was listening to a song that says not to do drugs and it mentions ectasy(sp?).... what is it? Is it even a drug???

Love you-- Kayla c:

Feel free to PM me if you need anything or have any questions :-)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
mr_null Offline
Formerly known as mr_null
Average Joe

Re: Ectasy?(sp?) - April 29th 2009, 02:42 AM

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma.shtml

(#3 (permalink)) Old
lillywilliam Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Ectasy?(sp?) - April 30th 2009, 05:35 AM

Ecstasy which is also known as tab, ecty, happy face, disco burgers, doves etc..... Ecstasy is a tablet that is hand made using very dangerous chemicals. Ecstasy has become a very popular drug aken by hundreds of people around the world. It is mainly taken for the party moods, where you can dance the whole night away.

Ecstacy usually takes effect 20 to 30 minutes after you have taken it, it is taken by the mouth and wears off about 3 to 4 hours after it has been consumed. The taker can feel and see things much nicer then it was and also your hearing sounds are better which put you in a dancing mood particularly when the music has a strong rythm. Ecstasy puts you in a relaxing mood, sleepiness, sexual behaviour and in easy temperment.

Afterwards, it can cause exhaustion and depression after ecstasy has been consumed and worn out of the body system. The side effects are sweating constantly, chills, blurry vision, increase of the heart rate, it can also cause internal bleeding, damage the liver and kidney and cause heavy period for girls.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: Ectasy?(sp?) - April 30th 2009, 06:46 AM

Yes, ecstasy is an illegal drug that comes in pill form sometimes referred to as 'tabs'. It traditionally contains Methylenedioxymethamphetamine or MDMA. Keep in mind that:

Quote:
Ecstasy is an illegal substance and so manufacturers are not subject to regulation and quality control. The only way to find out exactly what is in a particular pill, and in what quantity, is to have it laboratory tested.
It is common for ecstasy to contain MDEA or MDA because both substances mimic the effects of MDMA.

Contrary to popular belief ecstasy does have addiction potential and it is detrimental to your over all health.

Quote:
For some people, MDMA can be addictive.2 A survey of young adult and adolescent MDMA users found that 43 percent of those who reported ecstasy use met the accepted diagnostic criteria for dependence, as evidenced by continued use despite knowledge of physical or psychological harm, withdrawal effects, and tolerance (or diminished response).
Quote:
MDMA can also be dangerous to overall health and, on rare occasions, lethal. Risks include increases in heart rate and blood pressure, which present risks of particular concern for people with circulatory problems or heart disease; and other symptoms such as muscle tension, involuntary teeth clenching, nausea, blurred vision, faintness, and chills or sweating.
Quote:
Psychological difficulties, including confusion, depression, sleep problems, drug craving, severe anxiety, and paranoia during and sometimes weeks after taking MDMA (in some cases, psychotic episodes have been reported).
From your signature I suspect that I don't need to convince you not to take ecstasy. However, it is good to be informed. Especially if someone you know is either taking or planning to try ecstasy. I hope this helped answer some of your questions. If you ever have any other questions feel free to PM me anytime.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

Sources:
http://ecstasy.org/qanda/whatise.html
http://www.nida.nih.gov/InfoFacts/ecstasy.html
http://www.theantidrug.com/drug_info...fo_ecstasy.asp

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Ectasy?(sp?) - April 30th 2009, 04:12 PM

Research please. Google is your friend.

Closed Thread