TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ZaraWrites Offline
#6Years #LHOperator #Skittles

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Zara

Unhappy I Hate It! - January 20th 2014, 08:26 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

The problem I have.... Isn't about me with substances. It's my dad. He drinks a lot of alcohol. He does golf and darts as hobbies, and he's on the local darts team in my area. Thing is, he drinks when he goes to golf, and he comes back, and drinks more. He also goes to darts, and drinks, which then he comes back and it sounds like he's drunk. Yesterday was the worst! He went to golf, and came back and drank loads more. He was arguing with my mom because the car wasn't starting up, and the boiler wasn't lighting. He was also threatening (for the thousandth time) that he would go back to my hometown. Thing is, I hope it's true, because I HATE him drinking. I'm not a fan of alcohol myself, but I would drink it on Christmas... Even when I turn 18, I would only have a little on Christmas, and I wouldn't be drinking any other time. He also has a problem with his wrists, and yesterday he said to my mom "The beer numbs the pain" and I didn't like him saying it. I really don't like him drinking, and it just gets me scared, and none of us can have a word with him, because he'd shout. I don't like being around him when he's like it. Mom and I were trying to watch a program that my dad said stick on... He was commenting all through it going "this is rubbish" and it got on my nerves. I hate him drinking, and I either want him to stop and sort himself out, or move back to my hometown so I don't have to be around it. I don't know what to do...

Books Published:
~ Dreams Really Do Come True
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones: Here We Go Again
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones: What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger
~ Two Worlds Collide

Therapy, you were never a friend to me ~ Therapy ♥ AllTimeLow

SKITTLIFY!!!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: I Hate It! - January 26th 2014, 04:47 PM

Hey there. Sorry for such a late response.

I understand where you're coming from. I'm really sorry you have to deal with this. I, like you, don't plan to drink even when I'm of age.

How does your mom feel about your dad's drinking? Do you know if she has talked to him about it before? You could always go to her for support. You should try talking to her about how you feel. It's always nice to have someone to talk to that is going through the same thing.

If you can't talk to your mom, you may want to bring your dad's drinking up with a school guidance counselor or another trusted adult. Just having someone to vent to is very beneficial .

Have you approached your dad about this when he hasn't been drinking? I don't really know much about the relationship between the two of you, so that might not work, but it might be worth a try. You could also get both of your parents together at a good time and have a talk as well. Writing a letter is also a good way to get your feelings across. Your family might want to look into getting professional help for your father if his drinking gets to a certain point.

Keep fighting. Living with someone who drinks often can be hard, but it will only make you stronger . Sorry I couldn't be of much help. If you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me . Take care!

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Closed Thread