TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
razor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Arrow family drug issues - May 1st 2009, 02:21 AM

On the outside, my family may seem as a very fortunate one... well-to-do and things going great. However, that is far from true.

My brother is wanted by police in the town where he goes to college due to suspicion of ecstacy and cocaine distribution. A girl went to the hospital and was close to od-ing and dying because of those drugs which she may have attained from him...

A little over a month ago, my parents discovered that I was selling weed at my school and flipped out. Although I disagree with them that it was a major issue, I stopped dealing and smoking out of respect for them. However, they don't believe that I stopped and remain lecturing me and keeping me from doing anything.

My mother is starting to lose her mind over all of the matters and has mentioned "suicide" on numerous occasions. My father tends not to talk to me, not because we are feuding, but because it is his nature. I can't really talk to my mother about the drugs because she is so one-sided on the subject that it ends up in an argument every time. My relationship with my parents continues to diminish by the day.

They think that the reason I am always eager to go out and do things with friends is because I am smoking weed. This isn't the case at all. I want to leave because I don't enjoy being around my parents and their lecturing selves.

I don't know what to do. My parents are the only people in my entire family who I have ever had a good relationship with (my brother and I never liked each other, along with my cousins, and other extended family) and this seems to be over as well.

Closed Thread