TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Duddylawd Offline
Chris
Welcome me, I'm new!

Butane/Propane - April 8th 2014, 10:54 PM

Hello, I tried using lynx one night to try escape depression, then gradually upgraded by a can, and now it had gotten to the stage of 8/9 per night and I can't resist it, I know it's going to end up with my death or serious injury, but I can't stop it. Does anyone know what to do? Any experienced people with this thing that can share how they stopped? Anything

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Butane/Propane - April 9th 2014, 12:48 AM

I've gone through a drug addiction, but it wasn't with what you are describing. However, I do know exactly what it is like to quit. My best advice: make sure you can't get your hands on any. If you can, get a friend to take whatever you have. However, since you said propane in the title is this something your parents keep in the house? If so, then not being able to have access to it will be a little harder . If this is the case, see if you can't have it moved to a location in your house that you won't have much access to because your family would catch you.
Not having access to a drug is how I managed to quit. The first few days will be the worst, but it gets easier as time goes on. Quitting cold turkey or trying to use your will power and resist it when you still have access to it can be very difficult. This is why alcoholics have to rid their house of any alcohol.
If you feel comfortable enough with it, it is a good idea to tell your parents. It may seem scary, but they can help you not have access to it, and they can help you find a professional to talk to who can give you ways to cope.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Duddylawd Offline
Chris
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Butane/Propane - April 9th 2014, 03:54 PM

I get it from deodrant cans, I buy them all with my own money and it's easy to cycle up to the shop and get more. I told a friend about it and she said to tell a consueller, but any time I see the consueller I don't know what to say..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Butane/Propane - April 9th 2014, 04:08 PM

I agree with your friend- tell a counselor.... or anyone else for that matter. your parent, a teacher, a friend- anyone who can be there to support you as you take the next step. you mentioned you don't know what to say to them- tell them exactly what you told us. that you have a problem, caused by depression, and you want help

Closed Thread