TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
matilda123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

addicted to weed. i hate this - April 29th 2014, 10:17 AM

IM not your typical weed addict, im really hard working and try hard at most things I do. People that don't know me well just think im a really bubbly happy young girl.
But I have days, weeks even when things go downhill and the only temporary escape is marijuana. I started using it at a young age of 13 when I was with a much older guy that I felt I was too immature to hang out with so I tried to be all cool but then it kept happening and suddenly I had myself my own deals by the time I was 14, im 16 now and growing the stuff while trying to have a successful life but obviously the two hobbies don't match, my parents don't really know what im up to and my friends know its bad. I just want a way out of this all

(#2 (permalink)) Old
weaved1 Offline
fruit loop
Average Joe

Name: --

Re: addicted to weed. i hate this - April 29th 2014, 11:34 AM

It'd be best not to go cold turkey but to taper down to avoid any excessive withdrawal symptoms. You already got the first step down, second step is throwing all your pot-smoking devices and accessories out. Third step is to be ready for any slight discomfort and displacement in your pattern, quitting pot is hard when you physically depend on it but if you really give a shit about quitting, it should all work out. Have immediate support around you, it'll help. Make sure to take your vitamins too, especially magnesium.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: addicted to weed. i hate this - April 30th 2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaved1 View Post
It'd be best not to go cold turkey but to taper down to avoid any excessive withdrawal symptoms.
Actually, marijuana isn't physically addictive and doesn't have any withdrawal symptoms. Quitting cold turkey is totally possible as long as the person has high will power and a strong desire to quit.
My best advice for quitting any type of drug use is to not have any accessible to you. Get rid of what you are growing, and get id of any pieces, bongs, etc. that you are using to smoke it.
While marijuana isn't physically addictive, it can be mentally addictive as in your case. If you have anything in your house relating to smoking, it can give you a lot of temptation to smoke.
The first few days to a week will be the hardest, but it gets easier everyday as you get used to being sober. Keeping that in mind can provide motivation when you start to get urges.
Lastly, alternatives and distractions can be helpful. If you had a stressful day, go for a long walk or take a bubble bath. If you're bored, pick up a new book or see if a friend wants to go do something. Whatever you use weed for, there is an activity or alternative that can also give you that satisfaction.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

Closed Thread