TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ツ Wordღ Offline
Willing to help!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nathan

Drug craving - August 20th 2014, 03:00 AM

I always want to do drugs or take lots of pills whenever I get emotionally unstable..how can I get over this and move on?

Life is like a roller coaster. It has ups and downs. But it's your choice to close your eyes or enjoy the ride.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: Drug craving - August 20th 2014, 03:04 AM

Try to find another coping skill. Like maybe do drawings, exercise something. There's a sticky located under the SH forum that has a list of Alternatives..although it's under the SH forum some of these ideas can be used for distraction on anything.

Can't stop now, I've traveled so far. - Foreigner

I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance. - Garth Brooks

Assoc Live Help Mentor from 11/23/2014-1/17/2015, 8/8/2015-

Live Help Mentor from 1/17/2015-8/8/2015

SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Drug craving - August 20th 2014, 06:47 PM

As Michael said, you need to have another way to cope. Taking drugs and pills only shields the problem temporarily, and it will just cause more problems because it causes you to get addicted. Instead, try and find a healthy way to cope, such as going for a run, painting, or putting focus into your job or schoolwork. There is a big appeal in taking drugs to be taken away from reality, but everything that is stressing you will just be here waiting for you.
To get over your want to take drugs, just remind yourself its not healthy and will cause more problems. You don't want to be battling a drug addiction on top of stresses that are already present. Instead, I recommend finding a creative outlet and an alternative to relieve stress, such as running which I suggested or taking a warm bath.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#4 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Staff On Leave

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Re: Drug craving - August 22nd 2014, 02:03 AM

As Michael and Nicole said, you just need to find another way to cope. Find a hobby that will distract you whenever you feel an urge to take drugs. Don't tell yourself that you'll quit starting from tomorrow or anything like that because you'll end up not quitting.

Feel free to message me if you would like to talk!

Kyra
  Send a message via Skype™ to luckiicloverxx 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: Drug craving - August 23rd 2014, 01:52 AM

Sometimes life is hard, unfortunately some people have it difficult but its the actions you take in difficult times that build your future. Some people are able to be so wise at such a young age because they were forced to grow up before their peers. Drugs will ruin your life, there's no debate or mystery about it. Keep walking down that path and you'll see how deep the rabbit hole goes.. Just remember at the age of 15 you've got every opportunity to smarten up and take pride in your day to day life. You clearly care & you know its wrong that's half the battle. You need make changes that you feel are necessary, don't over think this. Find pride in your school work or a sport or hobby. Find something that your able to shine in. Everyone has a skill only some people find and practice & thrive in theirs. Just keep your chin up, your a man in training become a hero.

Closed Thread