TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Overheard Conversation - May 4th 2009, 11:16 PM

So my friend and I sat in class today and everything was pretty much normal. And then, she passed up a note to me that said, "I think XXXX is talking about having sex with his girlfriend. He's talking about ecstasy." And I was like, "I kind of doubt it, because well, ecstasy is a drug. He's probably talking about taking it." So I listened some as well.
He started talking about selling drugs (mainly ecstasy) at another high schools prom over the weekend and getting everyone f-ed up. So it's started sounding like he was just going to totally mess up another school's prom because he could and he could get money out of it.
So, we decided that's just... Really not right. So we told someone at school, which comes to Issue Question #1... Good thing to do?
And then the major issue part of this comes in. We remember hearing him say he's already got a court case this week for lord only knows what. And was talking about how at the other high school's prom he's planning on selling at, he's also planning on beating the s*** out of some dude for a rumor he knows isn't true. So maybe you can figure the 2nd Issue Not-So Question. We are kind of freaked out now. Okay, scratch out the kind of, at least for me. I'm rather freaked out. To the point that I realized I wasn't being myself in theatre, but instead stood off to the side while my teacher was going over notes I got last year. Eventually I went and sat down next to one of my friends and after we were done with notes, we all started joking around but it never really felt right... I'm not quite sure how else to say that.
Anything? =)

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.
  Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
star_crossd Offline
Color Me Chaotic
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: Overheard Conversation - May 5th 2009, 12:24 AM

Hey Emily. I think you should definitely tell someone, be it someone at school or your parents, just anyone. You could write an anonymous note to the principal, too

Yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers
But everything that lives is born to die
And so I say to you that nothing really matters
And all you do is stand and cry.

Music is life. Start living.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
four Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Overheard Conversation - May 5th 2009, 01:10 AM

Yeah... I would really just stay the hell away from that situation and let it play out... well away from yourself.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Overheard Conversation - May 5th 2009, 02:31 PM

If the kid is selling drugs to people at another school's prom, how is it any of your business? Ratting someone out like that when it doesn't even concern you or your friends or your life is wrong in my eyes. I'm 50/50 on the second question about beating up that kid over an untrue rumor. I'd say go ahead and tell someone about that, but then again that's not of your concern either. My advice is for you and your friend to mind your own business unless it's potentially harmful to you or people you know, otherwise stay out of it. If other kids want to deal or do drugs, that's their business and their life.

Closed Thread