TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
yashalune Offline
YashaLune
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Yasha

Unhappy I tried smoking pot out of peer pressure and ended up doing sexually embarrassing things. I am DEPRESSED and ashamed and I need help - October 28th 2014, 04:52 PM

Out of curiosity and peer-pressure, I tried smoking marijuana with my college acquaintances.
As a girl who did not try the drug in my 18 years of existence, I was really shocked with the unusual effect of the drug on me when I tried it the first time.

What's inside my head are blurry hallucinations, mostly horny thoughts. And I think that I ended up doing some embarrassing sexual acts.

During the pot session, some of my college buds were not at all high. They told me that they've seen me scratching my crotch and asking if I was naked already.

As of now, the drug pulled out of my system. I feel no more dizziness and heavy, sleepy, slow-mo thoughts. Reality bit me now that I'm normal again. My friends are now acting weird towards me. What hurts most is that I feel awkward asking them what REALLY happened to me.

I am over thinking and on the verge of breakdown. I need POSITIVE advice, please. How do I cope up with the shame? Some college boys were present in the pot session too. (They're a bit high tho).

Thanks in advance

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Its.Just.Angie Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Angie

Re: I tried smoking pot out of peer pressure and ended up doing sexually embarrassing things. I am DEPRESSED and ashamed and I need help - October 28th 2014, 08:10 PM

Hey there,

That must sound really embarassing! I'm sorry... But a lot of people don't think straight when they are high or drunk.. And honestly you couldn't really help yourself and plus it was your first time.. So it kinda didn't know what your up against and don't know how pot was going to affect you til you tried it.. Everyone reacts differently to weed and so NO ONE could have told you how YOU would do and such.. All in all you couldn't really help it.. Maybe you could confront the people who was high with you and ask.. And say sorry, I didn't mean to or something.. There's really not much you can do cause it happened and in the past! Other than that.. Just accept it and move on the more you hold on to it.. The worse and harder it gets so.. Yea... Sorry I probably didn't help that much, but just know it wasn't really you. And that's the scarey thing about almost any substance... And also try to avoid it.. Or take in less next time so you can have more of a thought process and wont get the side effects as much as it was! Other than that I really have nothing else! Feel free to PM me anytime

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: I tried smoking pot out of peer pressure and ended up doing sexually embarrassing things. I am DEPRESSED and ashamed and I need help - October 28th 2014, 08:25 PM

It is exhausting to keep conscious thought processes going when you're high. A lot of people can't do it, and you couldn't either. Don't blame yourself for what happened when you were high, none of it is your fault. The people that gave you the drugs should've been more supportive and aware of what you were doing. You were doing things you had no idea what you were doing. They, being the ones to have given you the drugs, should have stopped you and drove you home instead of letting you embarrass yourself even more.

Remember, it isn't your fault! Nobody knows what will happen the first time they try new drugs, prescription or illegal. That's why doctors always try to give their patient the lowest dosage when prescribing new medication, to avoid any risky side-effects.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheGuyinCanada Offline
TeenHelp Sponsor

Average Joe

Re: I tried smoking pot out of peer pressure and ended up doing sexually embarrassing things. I am DEPRESSED and ashamed and I need help - October 29th 2014, 01:37 AM

Do not try it, you will get addicted, it may ruin your life

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: I tried smoking pot out of peer pressure and ended up doing sexually embarrassing things. I am DEPRESSED and ashamed and I need help - October 30th 2014, 08:54 PM

People can smoke pot without it becoming an unhealthy addiction.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: I tried smoking pot out of peer pressure and ended up doing sexually embarrassing things. I am DEPRESSED and ashamed and I need help - October 30th 2014, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles. View Post
People can smoke pot without it becoming an unhealthy addiction.
People can easily become mentally addicted to smoking pot which is why its best to avoid it. Just because it doesn't always happen doesn't mean it's a good idea to risk it.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: I tried smoking pot out of peer pressure and ended up doing sexually embarrassing things. I am DEPRESSED and ashamed and I need help - October 31st 2014, 12:29 AM

Not trying to insult anyone here but I'm posting about my personal experience. Pot will change the way you feel day to day. Trying it once is nothing wait till it controls your life. Wait till you start failing school because you chose to get high and waste 50k on a good time. Moving forward don't be embarrassed for what you've done, you can't take it back just move forward and count this as a learning experience. A lot of people think pot helps them. They are entitled to their opinion just remember a lot of people have under lying mental issues that they use marry-jane to self medicate with.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: I tried smoking pot out of peer pressure and ended up doing sexually embarrassing things. I am DEPRESSED and ashamed and I need help - November 2nd 2014, 06:06 PM

Hey there,

Drugs effect people differently, it sounds like it effected you quite badly. I'm sure you don't need me or anyone else to tell you that it might not be a great idea to do it again. Maybe you could try speaking with one of the people that were there and try to find out what happened, if they are a good friend they will be honest with you. Find out how bad it was before you panic too much. We all do things that embarrass us. I know it probably doesn't seem like it now but soon enough everyone would have forgotten about it and they will have something new to speak about or gossip about, soon enough something else will happen and take the lime light away from you.
Try not to get too down about this.

I'm here if you ever want to speak then I am here.

Best of luck,
Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

(#9 (permalink)) Old
MercuryHalo Offline
AmazonQueen Reincarnated ;)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jessaloupe

Re: I tried smoking pot out of peer pressure and ended up doing sexually embarrassing things. I am DEPRESSED and ashamed and I need help - November 2nd 2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1 View Post
Not trying to insult anyone here but I'm posting about my personal experience. Pot will change the way you feel day to day. Trying it once is nothing wait till it controls your life. Wait till you start failing school because you chose to get high and waste 50k on a good time. Moving forward don't be embarrassed for what you've done, you can't take it back just move forward and count this as a learning experience. A lot of people think pot helps them. They are entitled to their opinion just remember a lot of people have under lying mental issues that they use marry-jane to self medicate with.
Pot is actually proven to worsen the symptoms of many mental illnesses such as depression or schizo, so I'd recommend staying away from it all together, regardless of how likely addiction is to result. All you can do is forgive yourself. Really in 20 years no one is really going to care if you touched your crotch when you were high once. If your friends are treating you differently they aren't your real friends. See a counselor if you feel it is necessary. They're good for being non judgmental and just letting you vent.

Closed Thread