TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

The Holidays - December 17th 2014, 04:34 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm not going to give names or their relation to me in this thread. Just the letters of the alphabet, which does not resemble the first letter of their name.

A does drugs recreationally. A, B, C,and D, drink when they're together; A and C would have some hits of the pipe. Every time A is around, I feel like I have to hit the pipe. They've said "no" lately, since an incident back in September, but B sneaks it to me in the garage when nobody else is around. D doesn't do the drugs and doesn't support it, but they do drink quite a bit of alcohol.

Anyways, I will be seeing A and B soon, as well as C and D. When they're around, I feel like I have to drink and hit the pipe. I'd probably have an almost-toxic amount of alcohol, which is balanced out by a few liters of water, and I'd take at least two hits of the pipe. It's hard, because I don't want to be to be the only sober one... But at the same time, though, I'm always regretting it the next day.

I don't know what to do. I told my good friend that I wanted to stop drinking. I've been having something to drink for 31 out of the past 33 days, including today. I don't want to be the only sober one with them around, but I don't want to get drunk and high.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: The Holidays - December 17th 2014, 08:43 PM

Hello Bex,

I can understand how hard this is for you. It sounds like you just want to fit in but at the same time you don't want to drink or take hits from the pipe. Are you worried that your friends will judge you for not drinking and/or taking hits of the pipe? If you are completely fine with doing either or without any issue than it wouldn't be a problem; however, you are very conflicted in what you should and shouldn't do. There is nothing wrong with being conflicted, this can allow you to reflect on what you truly want to happen.

I know how hard it is to decide on something that you don't want to do but you feel you need to. What does your gut say? Sometimes, our gut feeling can tell us a lot of things and it can be difficult at times.

Going back to your friends it sounds like D would understand if you didn't take any hits of the pipe, would D also understand if you do not want to drink either? Friend A, seems to be the most influenced in the activity of hitting the pipe so B and C follow with hitting the pipe. Does that sound accurate?

At any time during the time you spend with all of them, do you feel pressured to drink and take hits of the pipe? Is there one or two in that circle who wouldn't take hits of the pipe without A being around?

Let us know how things are going.

Take Care.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

Closed Thread