TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Dependent? - January 2nd 2015, 03:05 AM

I would prefer to talk about this over Pm because I don't want this to be public yet. But I think I am become like my mother and dependent on Alcohol if I don't cut I think hey I need to drink. I think about drinking a lot now. I just need help. so you can post here but I prefer Pms also girl advice better the guys.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: Dependent? - January 2nd 2015, 12:07 PM

Hey there Frankie,

I can understand why you are worried about being dependent on alcohol because your mom had an addiction. When family has any form of addiction we can be more at risk for having that same addiction. However, you don't have to be like your mom and be dependent on alcohol and one of the first steps is that you are aware of the risk.

I'm not sure if you see a counselor/therapist but they can also help you with feelings you are feeling, they can talk with you about fears and worries. You can also go to classes that teach you better coping skills and how to manage and recognize how you are feeling, as well they can give you tools that you can use.

Tools that you can try and use:
1) Focus on your feet where you feel them. Next feel the top of your head. Then, feel both your feet and the top of your head. Make sure you are putting air into your stomach when breathing (breath with your stomach than in your chest). This can ground you and help you to calm your feelings and thoughts.

2) If you enjoy being creative you can use some of these tools: drawing, singing, playing an instrument, writing, painting, going for a walk, doing something you you find relaxing (i.e. shower, bath, swim, brush hair, brush teeth, etc.,) reading a book, etc.

I wanted to let you know, if at any time you would like your thread to be closed please let me know by either posting here or sending me a PM.

Take care.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

Closed Thread