TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Magic mushrooms - March 4th 2015, 12:11 PM

I don't know why but they've always intrigued me. I'm genuinely thinking about trying some. I've researched them quite a bit so I know what mushrooms they are, how to eat them, what are poisonous etc.

I'm not really condoning drug use but I'm just curious to know what other people's experiences were like. Have you tried them? Did you have a "bad trip"?

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Magic mushrooms - March 4th 2015, 01:17 PM

I've never used magic mushrooms myself just since hallucinogens don't really appeal to me but I do know quite a bit about them.

You're more likely to have a bad trip of you're feeling negatively beforehand so of you start worrying about having a bad trip before you take them then you'll probably end up having one.

The effects of them also last several hours so if you do end up with a bad trip it could last a while.

Hope this helps!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: Magic mushrooms - March 5th 2015, 08:47 AM

I haven't tried them either but would also be very curious. But I've been advised that yes, if you're feeling negative about the experience beforehand you're more likely to have a bad trip, and it's also best to try them in a safe place where you're completely comfortable and with people you trust.
My attitude towards trying new drugs for the first time is to have less, maybe half, than you would usually want to take - so you know exactly what to expect the next time.

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Magic mushrooms - March 5th 2015, 04:20 PM

Thanks both! I was thinking of maybe trying half of what people recommend. I'll probably end up doing it with my boyfriend

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Magic mushrooms - March 5th 2015, 05:43 PM

If you do end up doing it then it might be an idea for one of you to try it first and the other one act as a spotter in case you try to do anything dangerous.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Re: Magic mushrooms - March 5th 2015, 09:33 PM

I know you say you've researched them, so you'll probably know this, but I just wanted to reinforce (perhaps for anyone reading this that doesn't know) that Magic Mushrooms are considered a Class A drug in the UK, and simply possession can lead to very severe consequences if you're caught by the police.

Also, as much as you may have researched it, it would be hard to guarantee that you'd be completely safe from any adverse (or even medically dangerous or fatal) side-effects, which is something to bear in mind.

As you might guess, I'd probably not condone trying to obtain or use magic mushrooms, although it is of course your life and therefore your choice...

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: .

Re: Magic mushrooms - March 6th 2015, 07:56 PM

I have tried them like 5 or 6 times. I don't recommend picking them wild- though some people do that. It can be very dangerous to pick wild shrooms. I strongly recommend you do not try to "tell which ones are poisonous" in the wild. Many species of mushrooms can look similar to the ones you are trying to pick ,and this could be fatal.

Shrooms are safe in the sense of not producing any harmful effects on the body. I too was curious about trying them and finally tried them. As for the common advice to "try them with someone" - I have always tripped by myself and never had a bad trip. I think it is up to what you think youd be more comfortable with. I would be more comfortable alone. People can make me nervous.

That said, if i was really comfortable with someone-that would be better. Also trip in a positive/comfortable environment if you are going to trip.

As for a bad trip- thats always possible and something to be prepared for. All my trips had some anxiety in them and on my first trip , I had intense anxiety (as I took a high dose ) and felt that it could have easily have turned into a full blown bad trip. The intense anxiety I felt on the first trip made me nervous about ever taking nearly that much again- so I just took low doses the other times.

The peak is usually the part that has the most intense anxiety-espescially the start of the peak, and when you start peaking- remind yourself that it will only get better from here on out as long as you "hold on" right now. If you can stop from freaking out at the start of the peak, you will probably not freak out the rest of the peak, as your mind will start peaking in the positive mindset.

Well my first trip was really intense. It went like this. I just started taking a little bit at a time, then 5 minutes later, taking more and more. I got impatient and kept taking more before the effects even started- I ended up taking twice what was recommended. Oh boy. Then after around 45 minutes, it started kicking in. It was initially a stimulating feeling - in which all my thoughts became sorta visual and I would have a thought and it would branch into a bunch of thoughts. Colors/sounds became more vivid and I began feeling sorta "giddy/happy". I then looked at some flowers inside and suddenly it felt like it was just me and flowers, and that room in the universe and time slowed to a halt-and a few seconds felt like a long time.

I was not even beginning to peak yet - I got on the computer and looked at the screen and it started to look 3D.

Then I suddenly started to actually trip. I went from this happy "shift of consciousness" to full blown tripping in like 5 minutes after this. I turned off the lights and layed in my bed and began to feel this intense wave come over me and I started having intense closed eye visuals and started tripping really hard suddenly. I felt like I had "gone to far" and began to have intense anxiety. My entire stream of consciousness now became visuals and the trip began to become very spiritual and started praying. I then started to feel really euphoric and happy and felt like I was experiencing a "rebirth" and was receiving revelations straight from God and my entire stream of consciousness began to become one with all the fractal visuals I was seeing - like I was becoming one with the energy of this- which was God, and that I was part of a divine plan and began to feel a sense of understanding of everything. These werent just introspections/thinking- it was like my entire reality had become this. It was like a wave coming over me and I became part of that wave. I was feeling a wave of intense emotions (intense anxiety, happiness, feeling of resolution) and could see my life in its entirety and see what about my life needed to be changed. I tripped really hard for hours , then I began to come down and turned on the light and noticed now that everything was waving and curving,etc.

I came down for the next few hours feeling that I had just experienced the most inspiring thing of my entire life.

Last edited by Proud90sKid; March 6th 2015 at 08:35 PM.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Magic mushrooms - March 6th 2015, 10:08 PM

I don't think I would pick them myself, I don't trust myself :') Thanks for the post!

Closed Thread