TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

e-cigarettes - April 15th 2015, 07:56 PM

I smoke socially. I know it's terrible for your health but I quit smoking regularly about four years ago and started chewing nicotine gum. I recently quit nicotine gum (I just chew normal gum now) but I'm still smoking socially :/ Whenever I'm with somebody who smokes (my best friend and boyfriend) I really, really want a cigarette >.> I know most people find it gross but I love the smell >.>

I'm also having my wisdom teeth removed soon and smoking with all stitches and stuff in my gums doesn't seem the best idea.

Does anyone here smoke e-cigs? Have you found them to be helpful? I've had the odd drag of friend's e-cigs and they seem okay. I know there's a bit of a debate over whether they're safe or not but surely they can't be as bad as smoking cigarettes. What brand should I get? I want one that's as close to a cigarette as possible. I'd prefer to buy one without nicotine as I'm sick of this nicotine addiction.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: .

Re: e-cigarettes - April 16th 2015, 01:23 AM

Well - I have only tried them a few times and was disappointed every time. All of the ones that I have tried didn't seem to provide much nicotine. I didn't feel satisfied at all and thought they were way too expensive. But , since I never really gotten into e-cigs and bought only a few brands (BLU being one) from gas stations- I am sure you could find ones that are satisfying. I am sure the people who are really into e-cigs and buy the better brands at e-cig shops would know what brands are the best- but im sure that costs more money.

The disposable ones ran out way too soon, while the non- disposable ones cost a lot more and didn't really work well. I bought a non-disposable one that couldn't heat up the cartridges enough to even produce much vapor- total rip off. I am sure the bigger and more "high tech " looking ones would work better though.

I would love to give e-cigs another chance if the technology was perfected to be as efficient and as satisfying as smoking a real cigarette.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: e-cigarettes - April 16th 2015, 11:31 AM

I don't personally use them or smoke, so I'm probably not the best person to give advice, but I have a bunch of friends who are into them and who think they're great.

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Its.Just.Angie Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Angie

Re: e-cigarettes - April 17th 2015, 12:29 AM

Hi! Well I think if you are trying to quit they can be a good replacement.. But it ain't the same though in my opinion..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
SilentBunny Offline
Formally Sn0man
Regular TeenHelper

Name: jake

Re: e-cigarettes - April 17th 2015, 03:42 AM

I just got started on e-cigs, having been sick for the past few days because of them, I would not recommend them.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Bluetears Offline
Blue
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: e-cigarettes - April 17th 2015, 05:25 AM

My dad used to smoke since he was about 10 I believe. I recently switched to e-cigs about two years ago and hasn't gone near a cigarette since. He also said he hasn't felt the need to smoke. I really do recommend switching to the e-cigarettes. Don't get the liquids and stuff at gas stations and other places like that. The liquids there are filled with the same junk in regular cigarettes. My dad makes his own liquids, but I do believe there might be some local e-cigarette shops around, it just depends on where you are. Good luck Angel

"Remember your loved and you always will be. This melody will bring you right back home." - Linkin park, The messenger. Stay strong everyone!! You are always strong enough to get through whatever life throws your way, no matter how hard it may seem.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

Re: e-cigarettes - April 18th 2015, 05:03 PM

Although they aren't as bad as smoking there also isn't enough testing to see the long term effects or even short term effects of useing e-cigarettes. I would say the smoke factor with your stitches, I don't see how vapor would make a different. Honestly just to be safe just wait until your stiches heal before smoking.

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

I’m catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Gothic Wolf Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Elizabeth

Re: e-cigarettes - April 28th 2015, 08:01 PM

One of my friends has one and I have had a few drags and liked it but this being said it was flavoured and I hate the taste of regular cigarettes (main reason I'm not a regular smoker) and was one of these low nicotine ones. There was little smoke taste but watermelon. I doubt this helped much....

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Re: e-cigarettes - April 29th 2015, 01:06 PM

I have just ordered myself a e cigarette, I'm not a smoker, I get the liquids with no nictoine in but my parents smoke the liquids with the nicotine in.
I am hoping that it will help me cut down on snacks as I tend to eat loads lol and I want to lose weight.
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Briana Offline
A strong fighter
I can't get enough

Name: Bri

Re: e-cigarettes - April 29th 2015, 03:12 PM

I have a few vapors and e-cigs...they are okay. Not the same as cigs. Plus, you can heavily addicted to them just like cigarettes. They do taste good, but if I smoke it for a long period of time, I can get bad headaches.

"We accept the love we think we deserve."
"In that moment, I swear, we were Infinite."
"There's an I in Illness
and a We in Wellness."

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: e-cigarettes - April 29th 2015, 06:38 PM

Thanks everyone I went over my best friend's house a few days ago and didn't smoke Quite happy about that I have a pretty bad cold at the moment so cigarettes haven't really crossed my mind. My mother's friend lent me an e-cig a few days ago which is quite nice The "coffee" flavoured one tasted awful >.> like the smell of a really, really cheap coffee.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Re: e-cigarettes - April 30th 2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Believe View Post
Thanks everyone I went over my best friend's house a few days ago and didn't smoke Quite happy about that I have a pretty bad cold at the moment so cigarettes haven't really crossed my mind. My mother's friend lent me an e-cig a few days ago which is quite nice The "coffee" flavoured one tasted awful >.> like the smell of a really, really cheap coffee.
I was going to buy the coffee flavoured one when I was out but I'm glad I didn't after you have said it was awful lol. I got Energy Bull, Tutti Frutti, Iron Bru, Rainbow Candy, Gobstopper and can't remember the rest lol. But I haven't got my e-cig through the post yet so I can't actually try any yet lol
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: e-cigarettes - April 30th 2015, 05:06 PM

Maybe it was just the liquid she had, maybe different brands are nicer The menthol ones are quite nice. I bought one that (apparently) tastes like cannabis, it does not

Closed Thread