TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

Wanting to do drugs??? - July 5th 2015, 05:10 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have a few mental disorders and I never did drugs in my life. Now I want to buy some so bad. So where can I buy some? Things like PCP, acid, LCD.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Onism. Offline
It was so easy.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Wanting to do drugs??? - July 5th 2015, 07:00 PM

Hi there,

I am moving this over to Substance Use because that is where this fits better.

That being said, though, nobody can tell you where to buy these types of drugs, or any substance for that matter. If we did that, we would be promoting illegal and harmful activity, and that is not something we want to do here.

I think that this is something you should talk to a mental health professional about. Some people abuse substances as a way of coping with their mental health disorders, or the disorder could be causing you to get an urge.

Either way it is not a good idea to start using substances. It is a dark road. You can become addicted to the substances. There is the risk of overdosing, and you also don't know where these things came from, meaning they can be mixed or laced with some pretty nasty stuff that can get you sick. Plus when you get addicted, you'll end up needing more and more, meaning you will blow your money on drugs, and eventually it'll end up consuming your life to a point where that is what you think about the most. You don't deserve that.

-Dez

It's like forgetting the words to your favorite song
You can't believe it
You were always singing along

Send a message via Yahoo to Onism. Send a message via Skype™ to Onism. 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
HelpLINK Officer

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Wanting to do drugs??? - July 5th 2015, 07:52 PM

Don't do it. I got into drugs a couple of years ago and it will only create more problems for you. First of all, they are expensive, second they are illegal, third you can get addicted even if it's not physical. I know drugs seem like a great way to escape reality, but really they don't do a very good job of that. Your thoughts will still be there no matter which drug you take, your perception will just change. It's really not worth getting into, and I can tell you that it will probably just make you feel even more low. Instead, go out and get some exercise! Take a long walk or go for a jog. Get into painting, read a good book. There are countless healthier options for releasing stress and feeling better emotionally. These are also much safer options if you have mental illness; drugs can perpetuate symptoms. In my case, my depression was much worse when I was doing drugs, and now that I'm clean I feel a lot better emotionally. Again, it's really not worth it.

And here you are living, despite it all.
HelpLINK Officer | Project Advisor | Disputes Committee

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Imagination. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Wanting to do drugs??? - July 6th 2015, 06:54 AM

Hello there,

We can't recommend or point you to where you can buy drugs.

I would recommend talking to a professional about it, so they can help you as people who do suffer from a mental disorder are more likely to get addicted to rugs to help escape reality and to not have to deal with what they are going through.

Finding something that will help you such as listening to music, reading, writing, etc are better and safer as taking drugs is really not worth it.

It's great though that you've never taken drugs in your life and you should continue with that status.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stormborn. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥

I can't get enough

Re: Wanting to do drugs??? - July 6th 2015, 05:16 PM

Hey, I know you feel drugs will help you escape the problems you are facing now. But in reality it is a downward spiral, which will just cause more problems along the way. There is a risk of overdosing, the drugs being laced and addiction. And once the addiction starts, its really hard to quit. It's not worth it. Substance addiction just takes life into a rut and coming out of it, is really difficult. You could take up a new hobby, read a book or do something else that will distract you and let you occupy free time. There are a lot of healthier options to release stress and emotional trouble. Drugs aren't worth it, because even if you don't want it they might end up taking over your life. You don't deserve it. Take care of yourself.

"Being happy isn't about having everything in your life perfect. Maybe it is about stringing together all the little things."

Community Mentor | HelpLINK Access | LiveHelp Access | Forum Moderator

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: .

Re: Wanting to do drugs??? - July 6th 2015, 08:21 PM

For the drugs you are talking about- you need the right connections. There are some psychedelics that you can get more easily than those two if you really wanted to. But sourcing is not allowed here so that's all I am allowed to say about that.

So you want to try PCP and LSD? Well that is understandable as I had a similar curiosity to try psychedelics. So I did. They aren't addictive or anything but they can be very intense. The mind distortions can sometimes lead to a panic attack or a nightmarish trip if you would be prone to that. So IF you were to try a psychedelic- you should go for a low dose to see how you react. It really is a better idea just not to take them at all if you have certain mental disorders. I would recommend not trying PCP as that is a very dangerous drug from what I have heard. People have become violent on that or did things that they later regretted. PCP is a dissociative drug- meaning it causes a dissociation from reality and your senses - and can sometimes lead to dangerous behavior. I knew someone that saw their friend get hit by a car while on PCP.

I would think about why you want to take these substances. Like what has made you so curious to try them? Psychedelics aren't something that should be taken to feel good or see bright colors. You need to remember that the "mind fuck" that these drugs produce can be intense and it may not be something you should try if you are prone to certain mental disorders. Not only can the intensity of the experience cause someone to panic, but psychedelics also cause all your deep issues to come out. Like you notice all your motivations for everything you do and see everything for what it really is - and for some people this can exacerbate any existing mental illness. Most drugs will make you feel good and help you not think about certain problems in your life -but psychedelics do the exact opposite and really expose any issues you have. This is why it is generally not recommended to take psychedelics if you have mental illness.

Before doing anything for the first time- you should thoroughly research it(its LSD not LCD btw) and read up on trip reports from people who have taken them. You need to know what to expect before taking anything that will have such a strong effect on you for several hours. Remember , once you take something , you have taken it, and you are in for the entire experience whether you like it or its a nightmare.

Last edited by Proud90sKid; July 6th 2015 at 08:49 PM.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
nouedis Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Wanting to do drugs??? - July 8th 2015, 05:37 AM

Honestly, if you're going to be going down this path, then just stick to weed. I'm not trying to say it's the best thing to do, but it helps out in ways conversations can't and that's the beauty of weed.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Wanting to do drugs??? - July 23rd 2015, 12:45 AM

Hi there,

I am not going to tell you were you can get drugs from but I will tell you this. When I was really unwell and was on an adult acute ward I started doing drugs and it was the worst thing I could have done. It didn't make me feel any better but it made me worse. It me me feel lower and it make the hallucinations worse and the paranoia bad.

Have you got anyone to talk to about what's going on and about the urge to do drugs? I know thats gunna be hard but you deserve to have help while you are going through this. Friends, family, teachers, guidance counselor's, doctors, are all great people to turn too in bad times because they all care about you and want to help you in the best way that they can do. Helplines can be good too and so can coming to us but sometimes its good to have someone to go to in real life, you know? But know you don't have to feel this way alone and go through this alone. We're all here for you and I'll try and support you as best as I can do.

I know it's hard but you can do it so stay strong and keep fighting.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread