TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
iambatman Offline
Suicidal? Yes.
Average Joe

Name: Riley

Have you ever done drugs? If so, which drugs? - November 7th 2015, 08:42 PM

My name is Riley. I smoke pot and sometimes I smoke cigarettes.

I smoke pot because it helps with anxiety and depression (for me). And sometimes peer pressure.
I smoke cigarettes because it helps with my stress.

I love pot. Pot makes me happy. Don't say I am too young and I shouldn't be smoking because you don't know what I am going thru...Sorry if I sound bitchy..

That god does not exist, I cannot deny
That my whole being cries out for a god, I cannot forget.

The gates of Heaven were locked shut. The pits of Hell, they were all filled up. And I fear I don't belong here.....

How could someone so perfect feel so insecure? As to scar her skin with cuts and burns and still want to hurt more. How does someone so loving learn to hate her own guts? Drawing a picture on her arm with a blade, as if her mind wasn't dark enough

Last edited by arepo; November 10th 2015 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Moving to Substance Use incase you need advice, but drugs are not a game.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Have you ever done drugs? If so, which drugs? - November 7th 2015, 09:33 PM

I'm guessing if you're getting "bitchy" (your words, not mine), that people have been coming down on your for smoking weed? I mean, you wouldn't be so defensive if you didn't feel like you had to defend it. You can do what ever I want, I'd just be careful of using it as a coping mechanism. If you want to drink or smoke, that's ok, but it's dangerous grounds to use it to cope with your problems instead of finding "healthy" outlets, like getting into making art of what ever.

Any ways, I guess I used to smoke weed when I was 17 or so. I stopped for two reasons. The first was because I wanted to become a cop. They'll ask about it (well, maybe), and I knew lying wouldn't work for me so I knew I had to quit. If you did it at 17 or 18 they'd overlook it, but if you were a pot smoker at 25 now trying to convince them you are worthy of joining the force, that would understandably not ok. The other reason was that for all that I have anxiety smoking weed actually gave me the worst panic attacks I've had in my entire life, I would seriously feel like I was dying and that just made it worse. It happened several times and smoking was no longer a relaxing time, it was stressful so I stopped

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#3 (permalink)) Old
iambatman Offline
Suicidal? Yes.
Average Joe

Name: Riley

Re: Have you ever done drugs? If so, which drugs? - November 7th 2015, 09:58 PM

[quote=Always *;1210010]I'm guessing if you're getting "bitchy" (your words, not mine), that people have been coming down on your for smoking weed? I mean, you wouldn't be so defensive if you didn't feel like you had to defend it.

I always have to defend myself...But yeah...It's cool that you quit, I am actually working on quitting. I haven't smoked pot in days...Which is the longest I've ever gone without smoking.

That god does not exist, I cannot deny
That my whole being cries out for a god, I cannot forget.

The gates of Heaven were locked shut. The pits of Hell, they were all filled up. And I fear I don't belong here.....

How could someone so perfect feel so insecure? As to scar her skin with cuts and burns and still want to hurt more. How does someone so loving learn to hate her own guts? Drawing a picture on her arm with a blade, as if her mind wasn't dark enough

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: Have you ever done drugs? If so, which drugs? - November 11th 2015, 12:24 PM

Hello Riley,

I understand a lot has been going on for you and all you are trying to do is do your best with what you do have; smoking cigarettes and pot. I can't make you or anyone here to make you stop smoking cigarettes and pot, I would like to support you; in the end it is your choice whether or not you wish to continue or stop.

With that said; smoking cigarettes at the age of 14 isn't beneficial to your lungs because they are still growing. On the flip side a lot of young teens do smoke cigarettes. Smoking cigarettes can be harmful but it also sounds like it is also helping you in some ways. The anxiety you are feeling can also be triggered by smoking cigarettes. The reason for this is that in cigarettes nicotine is found, nicotine makes your blood pressure rise and sensations in your body decrease due to the lack of oxygen. Although smoking for you seems to help with stress it also triggers the anxiety in most cases.

I can understand how smoking pot can ease the anxiety feelings because it can make you calm and relaxed. It is nice to feel calm and relaxed and you do deserve to feel those. However, there is more healthier ways to feel calm and relaxed. Is it possible to try a few different activities to see if they help you be calm and relaxed? Here are a few that are easy to do; you can take a warm bath, drinking a cup of tea, read a book/or funny article online, going for a walk, listening to calming music, colouring, etc., try some of these to see if it helps you to be more calm and relaxed.

I don't see you being bitchy in your thread at all, you are asking for support and you're going through a lot right now so it's understandable.

If you need more tools to lesson your anxiety and stress, please let us know. Okay?

Take Care.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

Closed Thread