TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
atselzer Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

medical marijuana under age - January 20th 2016, 02:02 AM

Hello forum! I am 16 years old and have been using medical marijana for almost 2 years now for severe appetite problems. My parents are no stoners, in fact I don't believe they have ever smoked marijuana once in their lives. They are however, firm believers in natural remedies, so when I was diagnosed, they suggested medical marijuana. Now getting a medical marijuana permit under age in not an easy task.In California You have to have a disorder and have both parents/guardians have to sign for it. On top of this, most doctors are too sketched out to recommend mariuana to children/teens even though its legal (in the state of California) Some might think i'm the luckiest kid in the world but it is really not that great. Medical mariujuana has never really been an issue for me. I never take more than I need and I am not in the slightest addicted. My question is do you or anyone you know underage use medical mariuana? I'm the only one I know and I can't find a single case of someone else who does.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: medical marijuana under age - January 20th 2016, 11:15 AM

Hello there,

I've personally never used medical marijuana but that doesn't mean you're the only one using it. In fact a lot of people use it for a variety of different reasons, they may not tell a lot of people which is completely fine. Have you talked to your doctor about feeling alone while taking the medical marijuana? It might be helpful to express your feelings with them.

It's good that you only take what you need, it's important to be able to know this. I wouldn't say you are the luckiest person to have medical marijuana either, it sounds like you struggled for a long time and they gave you a medical remedy alternative to help your sever appetite struggles. This is a treatment that is working for you, it's like other treatments others go on, and yours is medical marijuana.

Try talking to your doctor about how you feel and about your questions, you could ask him if there is a support group for those who are taking medical marijuana so you can relate to others and not feel alone.

Take care.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Everly

Re: medical marijuana under age - January 25th 2016, 12:45 AM

I've used marijuana on and off since I was about 15 to help treat certain conditions that I have but I've never gotten a prescription for it. Pot is MUCH safer alternative to prescription pills you would get from a pharmacy.
I wouldn't worry too much about the age factor. If medical marijuana helps treat your diagnosis, then keep using it. Don't fix something that's not broken, ya know?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Synęsthesia Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Elsa

Re: medical marijuana under age - February 7th 2016, 11:14 AM

I live in Oregon, where marijuana is legal both medically AND recreationally.

Unfortunately, I am still 20.
So according to the Law, I am underage.

[Edited]

Underage medical marijuana patients are definitely out there! [Edited]

Last edited by MsNobleEleanor; February 7th 2016 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Goes against the CoC

Closed Thread