TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

2 Months - Having a REALLY Hard Time - February 19th 2016, 11:31 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Wow. Just...wow.

Things have been going really really well. Until this week. A lot has hit me this week, and I'm having an incredibly hard time coping. This is the first time since I've been out of the hospital and detoxed that I've had any cravings. And they are AWFUL!

So yeah...2 months and 2 weeks in 3 days sober.

PS: This is for both prescription drugs (which I do have available - didn't need them locked up before because I was okay - and alcohol - which I also have available.

Not saying I'm going to do it. Just saying it makes the struggle harder.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: 2 Months - Having a REALLY Hard Time - February 20th 2016, 10:14 PM

I'm sorry that you're struggling. I don't know what it's like personally, but I know people who've had addictions and I do think it gets easier the longer time goes on. I hope you'll be able to make it through this difficult spell. Do you have a sponsor or a counsellor or someone like that who you can talk to about this? Maybe a close friend who can come stay with you and support you through this time?

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: 2 Months - Having a REALLY Hard Time - February 21st 2016, 12:57 PM

Hello Kelly,

First I want to congratulate you on being 2 months 2 weeks and 3 days for being sober, that is a really amazing accomplish for yourself. I know how hard it is to stay sober and you may feel at times it's hard but you can do this, it will be hard but you can push through this.

For the prescription drugs is it pain killers/narcotics for pain that you are experiencing? If it is related to pain what I do is breathe or take a nap, this allows the pain to slow down and be more manageable. If it's not pain killers/narcotics that you are taking but general prescription drugs for any health related concern or mental health prescription are you able to talk with your pharmacy and have them set up something for you that you can go to them every second day for your medication. When you go they can give you that dosage that day, then another for the next day. Pharmacies should be aware patients who take medication may abuse the drugs they are on. I am not sure if this idea would help.

What helps you to not take the pills? Is there something that you do that conquers that feeling? Knowing what makes you strong and what gets you past a hard moment and not take the pills, is a skill you can use.

You can always talk to an addictions counselor or just a counselor about things in your life and how to manage your feelings and to understand them. I'm not sure if your area has support groups or groups for things that would interest you in attending. It can help to do something and to receive support.

If you ever need more support you are welcome to PM me.

Take Care.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: 2 Months - Having a REALLY Hard Time - February 21st 2016, 03:02 PM

Thank you for the congratulations.

It's mainly pain killers, but my husband has those locked up (I still have pain so we keep them and he monitors when I ask for one, though I've refrained from asking since becoming sober). However, last few nights I've been craving it so bad I was tempted to take an anti-psychotic that has a sedative effect, as well as a sleep medication I have. I instead took my dog for a walk, which helped relieve some of the pressure.

I also told my husband about the issues last night. So he is going to leave 1 pill of my antipsychotic out per day and lock the rest up from now on.

I think I'm going to start going to NA meetings. I thought I was doing fine on my own, but I realize I might actually need a sponsor.

I appreciate both responses. It's been a rough couple days.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: 2 Months - Having a REALLY Hard Time - February 22nd 2016, 02:08 AM

I'm sorry that you've been struggling. But I'm glad to hear that you're husband is trying to help you, I hope that he's been a good support system. NA would be a great idea. I have friends who are in AA and it's been amazing for them - one of my friends recently made it to 5 years sober. I hope you'll continue to be healthy and work toward sobriety. I know it's not easy, and getting 2 months (and a bit) in is amazing.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Closed Thread