TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
OhMyLorde Offline
peace love unity respect
Not a n00b

Name: k

Fastin??? - March 13th 2016, 02:54 PM

Okay so I didn't know where to put this because i'm struggling with a slight eating disorder where I can't stop eating all the time, (so it's not like eating a ton one time) but i'm trying this new appetite suppressant so that's under substance use? Idk... Anyways...

So like I mentioned I can't stop eating and I am always thinking about the next time i'm gonna eat. That being said I am overweight. I am 5' 4", [Edited]. and I've lost [Edited] on my own, but I almost went crazy from the constant debilitating hunger.

So... I was at the doctor and they told me that it sucks but there is nothing they can do. I know they can't prescribe over the counter meds or even recommend them because its a liability issue and I am not an adult yet. We went to the grocery store after and I saw fastin. I decided to get it because online the reviews looked pretty good and the main complaint was a racing heart beat but I have a super low blood pressure anyways so I don't have to worry about that.

I've been using it for a few days now and I can already tell a HUGE difference in my hunger. I'm not super hungry in the morning and afternoon and then i'm more hungry for dinner time but still not starving. I'm making sure that I eat enough and my mom bought the pills for me so she is making sure that I eat enough too.

I guess i'm not sure why I wrote this... to tell other people that are like me? And to ask people if they have come into contact with this and gotten anything out of it. It's working but its really expensive ($34 for 30 pills and $50 for 60 pills), so maybe if I could find something similar? I just wanna know if y'all have had similar issues and have tried this or something similar.

Thanks guys and sorry that this is so long!

Last edited by MsNobleEleanor; March 13th 2016 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Weight numbers goes against TeenHelp's CoC

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lotus Eater Offline
You are not alone.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Fastin??? - March 14th 2016, 03:12 PM

Hey,

I'm sorry that you've been struggling. Unfortunately, I can't be off much help with suggesting types of weight loss pills and appetite suppressants, because I haven't had much experience with them.

The one time I decided to give them a shot (I purchased some random cheap, supposedly groundbreaking pills off the internet which you should never do, for obvious reasons, but I was young and stupid), I ended up passing out. Keep in mind that I have low blood pressure, too, and that I didn't take more than the recommended dosage.

So I just wanted to advise you to be careful with the pills you're taking. Maybe even ask your doctor about them the next time you're in to make sure that they're okay to take. Most of these pills tend to contain caffeine to help speed up the metabolism, and if you're more on the sensitive side or you take too much, you may have an averse reaction to it.

Never take more than the recommended dosage. And be careful about purchasing 'cheaper' pills (like the ones I purchased), because there's likely a reason why they're so affordable and there's no way to really know what's in them, unless they've been launched by a well-known, reputable company.

You have me.
Until every last star in the galaxy dies.
You have me.

- Amie Kaufman

NEED TO VENT? CLICK HERE.
Never forget, you are not alone. ♥

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Fastin??? - March 15th 2016, 11:30 PM

The price that you're paying is not expensive at all. If anything, I would think 'that's quite cheap for what it is. Usually these companies will really try to gouge desperate people who want an easy-fix to their weight loss goals. In all honesty, it doesn't work because of how it interacts with your body. Even if it works right now, you can't expect to take the pills forever and then you haven't created a sustainable way to be healthy. I don't want to pressure you to do anything, but I think you need a better course of action. Supplements, like protein powder, spirulina, or even some pills (e.g. calcium or weird things that help with body building) are, for the most part, ok, but only in conjunction with a healthy diet (e.g. vegetarianism, or less red meat more lean meats like fish and chicken, more fruits and veggies etc.). The supplements are not meant to be stand alone products and I really hate the products that are marketed as quick fix weight loss products. I've been overwieght for a long time and have had to fight for every pound I lose and for every gain I make in becoming healthier and the one thing I know is that it's not a quick fix, it's osmething you have to work at, and the pills just hurt you.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Closed Thread