TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

some drug problems... - May 17th 2009, 10:02 PM

okay, so i got REALLY bored with my friends (they wont go out of their house cause theyre scared of getting kidnapped or shot even tho we live in the suburbs) so i started looking around for new friends, and pretty much failed cause most of the kids at my school think im crazy cause they dont understand who i am and my ideas and theyre homophobes. pretty much the only new friends i found were the artsy kids, i really like them, but all they wanna do is pot adn im willing to do it if thats what they wanna do, cause im just really tired of feeling alone. i tried to find other people outside of school, but it didnt work out too well. i would pretty much find someone and then my parents would tell me i cant hang out with them because "i dont know them". and then i would try to go to new things but my parents wouldnt let me cause they were all like "you can do somethign else"...
im also trying to get the hell out of this whole mess. idk if i can get out of it while in this school, so im trying to switch for next year. the problem is the school doesnt do anything to anybody who has any sort of problems, they just kind of try to hide it to help their rep, so kids do whatever the hell they want and the school people just pretend theres nothing going on. i think switching would also help me a lot if i were to go to a more open school where peopelo are more exepting and hte school actually deals wiht its problems.
i feel REALLY sad all the time but i dont think i have depression. i think im just sad cause im trying to communicate with people and its just not working cause im a total weirdo. i mean whenever i actually hang out with people i immediately get really happy.
but yeah.... and the problem is i think i just lost one of my really good friends. i was showing her parents my artwork on facebook and then my friend came up on facebook chat and said "i cant smoke today" i was SOOOO embarassed. idk what to do and im REALLLY upset over it cause i think i might have lost her.
adn im losing alll my old freinds too. three of my friends went all stupid with their bfs so idk if im gonna keep on talking to them. every time i approach them they just kind of not pay attention to me if their bf is there or if hes not then they talk to me about their bfs while texting them.

any advice?

i forgot to say, i dont really smoke much. usually once every two weeks. but everyone around me thinks im doign like hard drugs n shit even tho thats crazy cause im not doing anything crazy, i dont say anything crazy, and i dont look crazy... sooo yeah...

Last edited by puala__koala; May 17th 2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alisha aka Summer

Re: some drug problems... - May 17th 2009, 11:47 PM

Wow. I can completely understand where you are coming from. I have been in situations pretty similar.

You old friends, you just need to talk to them. See what's going on. What's the worst that can happen? Tell them you are not into drugs all that much, and the only reason you do then is because you made new friends. And the reason you felt you had to get new friends is --- and tell them why. Just tell it how it is.

That friend who's parents read that, man that sucks! Talk to that friend too.

I wish you luck! Losing friends suck. But keep your head up high, and stay in control of yourself. Don't do anything stupid

(#3 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

Re: some drug problems... - May 18th 2009, 12:27 AM

well the problem wiht my old friends is that we were never really close in the first place adn they dont really care aobut me. when i told them that i wanted to switch to a different school, they all told me i couldnt switch because i had to stay here wiht them. but the thing is, they still made no efforts to talk to me even during the schoolday and i havent gotten a phone call from anyone other than the druggie kids.

i hate to admit it but i really have no friends who have really proven they care about me xept for one girl who lives 45 min away.

im jjust sooo alone. and nobody understands me anymore. last semester i was real happy and nothing could get me down, and then suddenly, i lose my one friend cause she got a brain tumor (shes fine now) and she got a bf after that n stopped talking to me, and now everyone thinks im a crazy druggie. and i mean this was supposted to have ended several days ago id tell u guys about it, but the ppl i told this shit to think im crazy so im not even gonna bother, but anyways i fucked it all up. i got a chance at happyness and i fucking fucked it up.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: some drug problems... - May 18th 2009, 05:40 PM

You do know that by doing drugs just to fit will make you feel even more alone right? And that this decision could potentially open up a door full of trouble and unhappiness for the rest of your life? You just said that since you've fallen into the crowd of "druggies" you're now associated with them and associated with doing drugs. You kind of put yourself in this position and if you know that your so-called friends really couldn't care less about you, there's no sense in staying at school just because they tell you "no you can't leave". Use your head. Don't stoop to someone else's level just because you don't fit in at your school. I'd rather be the outsider and stay true to myself then do something that I know isn't me and doing something stupid that could cause me pain and danger. There has to be atleast one person at your school whom you can relate to. If you notice people talking down to you or calling you crazy when they really know nothing about you, laugh it off in their faces and forget about it or stand up for yourself. Motivation and confidence will pay off in the long run and make you a happier person.

Try to be more outgoing and go up to people and just strike up a conversation. If you feel that your school is incompetent and fails to meet your needs as a student, do something about it. Tell someone. It may or may not do anything but atleast you made the effort if you tried. Things get so much better when college rolls around. High School just sucks sometimes but you get over it and leave and you become your own person and embrace yourself.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

Re: some drug problems... - May 18th 2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceSRC View Post
You do know that by doing drugs just to fit will make you feel even more alone right? And that this decision could potentially open up a door full of trouble and unhappiness for the rest of your life? You just said that since you've fallen into the crowd of "druggies" you're now associated with them and associated with doing drugs. You kind of put yourself in this position and if you know that your so-called friends really couldn't care less about you, there's no sense in staying at school just because they tell you "no you can't leave". Use your head. Don't stoop to someone else's level just because you don't fit in at your school. I'd rather be the outsider and stay true to myself then do something that I know isn't me and doing something stupid that could cause me pain and danger. There has to be atleast one person at your school whom you can relate to. If you notice people talking down to you or calling you crazy when they really know nothing about you, laugh it off in their faces and forget about it or stand up for yourself. Motivation and confidence will pay off in the long run and make you a happier person.

Try to be more outgoing and go up to people and just strike up a conversation. If you feel that your school is incompetent and fails to meet your needs as a student, do something about it. Tell someone. It may or may not do anything but atleast you made the effort if you tried. Things get so much better when college rolls around. High School just sucks sometimes but you get over it and leave and you become your own person and embrace yourself.
ill quit when (if) it gets bad or it looks like it might get bad. i smoke because i cant stand being alone AND because its just a fun way to get away from everything.
and i really dont see a point in going to the high school im going to if i can get to college another way (like switching to another school or homeschooling). i really dont think saying here can pay off because if im depressed and if im depressed then im not gonna learn anything. so if i switch to somewhere more accepting then i might be able to learn something..
im bi, so that might have something to do with me hating the idiots im around cause ive never met a gay person who said they really liked high school.
and there really arent really kids who wanna do stuff wiht me, and if they wanna do stuff wiht me then they just so happen to be busy (aka theyre avoiding me cause they think im a weirdo).
and i do stay true to myself. i do whatever i think is right most of the time and i dont really make decitions i regret (no matter the outcome). u kno what? when i wasnt true to myself way back like three years ago, kids did acutally talk to me. now kids talk to me as that brave person who does everything they wished they did but they dotn wanna b around cause theyre a bit weird (like i dont shave cause i dont see the point in working so that my legs can be a sexual object to whoever want to look at them, so a lot of ppl think im brave cause i do that. i just do it cause i dont believe in shaving)

Closed Thread