TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
merna Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy was I buzzed, drunk, or just out of it?? - July 8th 2016, 06:53 AM

this is a long one. so I was going somewhere with a responsible adult. long story short. we ended up staying at this house of also responsible and good people. well there was a guy living there. during the dinner, there were tons of people there. I was hanging in the back with some kids. I drank like half a glass of wine. but I've never really drank before. I also hasn't ate much that day. I'm 5'10" and fairly thin. well everyone went to bed at like 4 and I was laying on this rug. the reason so many people were there, was because there had been a death. so this kid comes in there and I thought he just needed to talk, so I wanted to be kind and let him talk to me about everything going on. next thing I know, he has his arm around me. so I told him to leave. I've a boyfriend, and this greatly upset him. but I honestly didn't even remember it until the next day late in the day. I also hadn't gotten sleep for a few nights before that. my question is, being that I drank on an empty stomach and have a low alcohol tolerance, was the alcohol a part of it? or did I just let some guy take advantage of my kindness?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: was I buzzed, drunk, or just out of it?? - July 8th 2016, 10:06 PM

Hello merna,

I would like to welcome you to TeenHelp and reaching out today with alcohol questions that you have.

Drinking alcohol on an empty stomach can increase a lower ability for the alcohol to be soaked up with food. Everyone responds differently to alcohol and how much they drank, how much they weigh, and what they ate can contribute to how it affects you. So, yes it is normal to feel the way you did.

The boy who started to talk to you and wouldn't leave you alone, drinking alcohol and it being in your system, it wasn't your fault he didn't respect you when you didn't want his arm around you. You made it clear you didn't want him to have his arms around you. Have you been able to talk to him about his actions, that he didn't respect your personal space? If you feel comfortable talking to him he may apologize for putting his arms around you and that both of you aren't feeling weird around each other. Have you talked to anyone about what had happened? It's always important to let someone know what happened and it's great you came here to ask here.

Drinking alcohol at 15 is a very young age to be drinking and there's laws for this reason, you are still growing and developing. In America the legal age to drink is 21, Canada it's 19 (except for Quebec it's 18), Australia it's 21.

How are you feeling about what happened? I hope I answered some of your questions, and if you need anything else or have more questions you can always reply back with them.

Remember it wasn't your fault that he put his arms around you, you made it clear to him to not put his arms around you.

Take care.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

Closed Thread