TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Brooke
Not a n00b

Name: Brooke

Many steps ahead Many steps to go - September 7th 2016, 03:02 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

my story and where i am now, im not writing my post to ask for sympathy im writing to ask for support,

Also My Advice to others considering drinking alcohol if your underage please hold off besides the changes alcohol can create in the brain and the health risks either from drinking itself or from being under the influence of it, the younger you start science says the more likely you are to become addicted. for those of age always avoid using alcohol to cope or as something you rely on whether for social anxiety or stress, find out if addiction runs in your family and keep it in mind if it does so you can monitor that your drinking never gets ahead of you..

my addiction story started at birth, i was born to drug and alcohol addicted parents which circumstances led to me becoming a ward of the state from 7 yrs old, my drug and alcohol abuse started at 12 where i was given alcohol and although it was a horrible experience where me and my friend drank to much and she got sexually assaulted it didnt deter me, but living out bush marijuana was easier to access and my friend and i had unknowingly met another sexual predator and where the addictive behaviours starting showing themselves as he gave us unlimited everyday access to weed (we would be picked up when everyone went to bed and dropped of before they woke). i went home at 14 for a few months and drug and alcohol use didnt stop but did decrease, my mum knew of the cigarette smoking said to just ask, weed use was more ignorance is bliss, and alcohol was a hobby we shared where we would drink together listening to music and i recieved a carton to myself for my 14th bday, back and forth more and more periods of increased or decreased use depending if it was encouraged, by 16 back living at mum where alcohol was brought for me and our mental health plummeted and hit my worst of my alcohol addiction and mental illness i was going through [EDITED] straight spirits a day for about 3 months it ended up me hitting a rock bottom of sorts and i ended up in a psych ward and the worst withdrawls that caused hallucinations, i ended up spending 3 months there it was horrible and something i have never gone back to, the thought of drinking unmixed alcohol now makes me sick, more struggles and after more periods of increased and decreased use, i found myself at another low, in residential care after a mental breakdown and drinking to forget, i started giving away myself to strangers i met online in return for alcohol, turned 18 could buy my own alcohol now had id, my alcohol addiction stabilised as the easy access of weed made that addiction rear its ugly head although i never quit this is where weed took its real hold of me, ive had periods of increased drinking causing stomach issues and scares, ive decreased my use and although im many steps from where i was i still drink and smoke weed everyday and have a long way to, i dont put myself in as much danger now and are more aware of my health but mentally this is doing my head in i have been to 2 rehabs one last stint i lasted 3 months but returned to enviroment of drugs and alcohol, i really want to quit but i cant imagine coping without weed, or a life without alcohol, im going to england in 33 days and my gp reccomends detox first so im not withdrawing on plane, whats holding me back besides having to convince a friend to care for my cat those extra days is that im not sure i plan to stop drinking although there will be a major decrease so i can try hide my addictions. i always fly tipsy and am attending a wedding, i will be going the 2 weeks without weed so detox would be good for that but im not sure if i can resist when i get back as im already nervous and looking forward to the opportunity to smoke when i get back and finally feel stoned again for the first time in years as my tolerance will lower without use, any support or tough love welcomed, nobody in real life really believes my drug and alcohol use is enough to quit, and tells me to either dont worry about it or your just an idiot just stop if you want, some friends i just avoid the topic all together...

Last edited by MsNobleEleanor; September 14th 2016 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Please don't include the amount your drank, goes against CoC

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: Many steps ahead Many steps to go - September 14th 2016, 03:37 AM

Hello Brooke,

This is something that has been a big part of your life, something that is challenging to just stop smoking weed or drinking. It was introduced to you at a young age and you are dependent for weed and alcohol so stopping is almost near impossible, but it is possible. If you really want to stop or reduce how much you smoke or drink, whichever that is, or you may not even want to stop at all. It's important that if you do want to stop, you want to, not because you need to or that others told you to stop. If you want the help you are more likely to seek that help, if you aren't ready then you may get frustrated and then it won't work.

With any addiction you have to want to stop, you have the will power to do that. Have you talked to your doctor about being in a hospital during detox so that it is safe, if anything happens nurses and doctors are there to support you through all the withdrawals so you aren't alone. Going through detox for anything, having support will help you get through it, it will be tough but you have others who believe in you. I am not sure if that is something you have looked into or not, or if that is how you are wanting to detox.

Here on TeenHelp there is a Resource section with loads of information and links, I have found something that might be helpful for you that you can check out.

RehabInfo
RehabInfo.net is a comprehensive guide for the entire treatment process for addiction – from spotting issues to finding and enrolling into rehabilitation.

We also have a Hotlines page and I am not sure if you know about these two numbers in your Country or not, but you can call them if you feel comfortable with doing that.

Alochol and Drug Information Service: 1800 422 599
Family Drug Service: 1300 368 186

I hope the link and phone numbers are helpful for you.

Take care.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Brooke
Not a n00b

Name: Brooke

Re: Many steps ahead Many steps to go - September 14th 2016, 03:01 PM

thank you i definetly want to give up the weed and my goal is to reduce my drinking to healthy levels, i have spoken to my gp she recomends inpatient detox, i know how to organise it because ive been in detox a few times i just have nobody to care for my cats this time i mentioned it to my friend about going to detox cause his who i ask to help with cats and who is looking after them while i go to england but his response was the gp was a retard and i dont need detox, thank you for the numbers and links will have a look at links now but might leave calling till after i get back from england unless i can sort detox. my only really support are those i have contact with online, im so hectic i do have positive friends who could be a support but i have taken the time to catch up much lately and now im busy getting ready to go to england in october i would like to go to detox before i go as suggested by my gp, because my drinking will be greatlyreduced while im there, and i wont be touching weed for the whole 16 days

unfortunately the website is for america

Last edited by contaigous-misery; September 15th 2016 at 04:44 PM. Reason: updated after looking at website

Closed Thread