TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DumbAmber Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Smoked crack last sunday - September 14th 2016, 02:31 AM

I am 14 almost 15 and a friend's friend talked me and her into smoking crack with him. I never done it. Only drug i did before was pot. But I never had anything that made me feel so alive, and happy. It was like smoking a rainbow. I want to do it more, but i know i shouldn't. I am not even sure if i can do it again but its all i think about. Anyone ever done this?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: Smoked crack last sunday - September 14th 2016, 03:14 AM

Hello Amber,

Although I can't give you advice on a personal experience, I would like to talk to you about why you want to use crack at 14. We don't encourage positive experiences for drugs because it is illegal to use drugs and you are a minor, especially smoking crack.

I know it makes you feel happy and that it's something that allows you to feel happy, which I imagine feels good to feel happy. Drugs isn't always the answer to your happiness, it may seem like its the only option but it's not. Doing other things that are more healthy and aren't harmful to your body will be the most beneficial for you in the long run.

I had the chance to read over another one of your posts and I can understand why you want to feel alive and happy. Have you been to a counselor or therapist to talk about what happened? A counselor or therapist can work with you to feeling more like yourself and feel more happy. Sometimes, when we don't know what to do and feel stuck we tend to do dangerous, unsafe, or different behaviours to try and cope with the feelings we are feeling. Smoking crack is something you are doing to cope but it's a very dangerous method to cope, that is why it's important to talk to someone. An addiction to crack is very dangerous if you aren't careful even though you may feel fine or happy.

I encourage you to try and talk to a counselor or therapist and if you aren't able to, you can always talk to your family doctor or a nurse about how you are feeling. You don't need to mention that you had smoked crack, the important thing is to start feeling better and happy.

If you need anything, please let me know or reply back.
If you are interested in knowing other healthy way to cope or feeling happy, write back. You need to be willing to want to feel happy. You deserve to feel happy and like yourself.

I hope this was helpful.
Take care.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
SirJordan Offline
Twitter: @sirjordanhardy
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jordan

Re: Smoked crack last sunday - September 14th 2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbAmber View Post
I am 14 almost 15 and a friend's friend talked me and her into smoking crack with him. I never done it. Only drug i did before was pot. But I never had anything that made me feel so alive, and happy. It was like smoking a rainbow. I want to do it more, but i know i shouldn't. I am not even sure if i can do it again but its all i think about. Anyone ever done this?
Hey Amber, we are a similar age and I understand the attraction towards taking drugs and the pressure that you get from others is tempting to do it. However, don't be stupid! Crack is a horrible drug. One of the worst out there. It can fuck you up so bad, even though it may make you feel really good at the time, the craving for more is what gets you hooked on it. All you have to do is Google and YouTube it to see the effects it can have on you.

"Carefree, wherever we may be. We are the famous CFC" - Chelsea Football Club
  Send a message via Yahoo to SirJordan  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Re: Smoked crack last sunday - September 14th 2016, 06:51 PM

Hi Amber, I totally get why you would want to experiment with drugs, but if I were you I would be careful about it nd set yourself some boundaries. Personally I've only ever tried pot, and unfortunately I had a bad trip, but fortunately that pretty much limited how much I enjoy it.

If I were you I would ask myself these questions:
- What are the exact feelings you experienced while smoking it? (be more precise than happy: did you feel relaxed? Hyper? Energized? Focused? Unfocused and distant?)
- Why do you feel the need to experience these feelings? (you might be stressed by schoolwork and social interractions, which would explain why you might want a sense of relaxation and calmness; you might feel distant, cut off from reality and lonely, which makes you crave a feeling of energy and aliveness...)
- What would be other ways to feel the kind of feelings you experienced while smoking crack? Whilst they might not be as intense, there are definitely other activities which can make you feel "happy" within yourself and which are healthy, such as exercising (your body releases endorphins, and can make you feel a similar high to when you've taken morphine) or meditation. I know that these seem incomparable next to crack, but I know that various activities work for me and increase my happiness. i've never smoked crack so I can't compare them to it, but I know that playing the guitar at a nearby park and horseriding take my mind of things. Being at the park relaxes be because I know very few people there so I get to be alone for a while, and it's incredibly calming to watch the sunset and be around trees and nature; horseriding relaxes me because I'm too busy to worry about homework or grades, plus it fills me with energy and a feeling of freedom and aliveness because it's very active.

Once you've found some substitutes for the experience of smoking crack or pot, no matter how much less intense they may seem, try doing them regularly, at least once a week. Second of all, LIMIT your usage of crack/pot. When I first tried pot, I promised myself beforehand that no matter how pleasurable it may be I would never buy any myself and I would only take it at rare social gatherings like a friend's party (obviously making sure that I was in a safe environment).

As the others have said, you could also seek help with a therapist if you feel the need to.

Take care!!

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Smoked crack last sunday - September 14th 2016, 10:22 PM

I haven't, but my aunt was an addict.
She's dead.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Closed Thread