TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Upshift Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Read this before trying weed - December 26th 2016, 03:41 PM

The purpose of this post is to be informative

Should you try weed? I see this question a lot and I want to give my non baised answer to it. The answer is no, you should absolutely not try weed at this point in your life. I say this not because I think weed is bad for you, or that I think it will lead to heroin, or that you will drop of highschool and become lazy but rather because IF YOU SMOKE WEED YOU WILL GET CAUGHT. This is not an if, it is a when. It may not be your first, second or even your third time but you will get caught, I promise you. I don't care how smart you think you are or how clever of a plan you think you have, your parents will catch you. Marijuana has several qualities about it that make it very aparent to others that you are on it. First off, it fucking reeks. The smell of burnt marijiana is incredibly strong and it will infect you and everyone around it. Even if your parents have no clue what marijuana smells like, they will smell it and they will know it is marijuana. It just has that quality about it. Weed is detectable by a urine test for weeks after a use and your parents will likely test you if they see suspicious behaviors. If your parents did smoke weed in college then they will know what it looks like to be stoned. The problem getting caught is that it will absolutely shit on your family relationships. I made it through highschool and I smoked weed and got caught countless times and I regret it so much. Fights with family should be avoided at all cost. Even in a state with legal medical or recreational marijuana, it's still illegal if you are underage (unless you have an under-age medical marijuana card which is very rare) and there are consequences to smoking it, regardless if it helping you or not. Yeah, it's dumb, I know. Bottom line is this, marijuana illegal for you and just because of that, your parents don't like it. I will say pretty confidently that you would sooner get caught with with marijuana than you would with meth (of course you should not do meth for reasons much much worse than pot).

I hope this was more helpful than your health teacher doing nothing but bad-mouthing pot.

Closed Thread