TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JustTheKeags Offline
Meme a Day Keeps th Feels Away
Average Joe

Name: Keagan

Not hungy after Adderol - May 25th 2017, 11:30 PM

hey. I was wondering if any one could help me. For finals, I bought some adhd medsz from a kid I know. he said they are adderol, but I don't really know. I got super focused, which is good. I got above 85% on all my finals. the only problem is that I don't want to sleep or eat. can anyone tell me what it might be? any way I can regain my want for food? sleep?

Anything helps,
-Keags

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Not hungy after Adderol - May 26th 2017, 09:48 AM

Adderall is, essentially, a stimulant so some of the side effects that come along with taking it are lack of appetite and inability to sleep. You really shouldn't take it later in the evening. My boyfriend has ADD and was prescribed adderall and he always takes his last dose at 2pm. He has insomnia but I don't think that taking his last dose at 2pm interfered with him getting to sleep.

If you continue taking adderall it is likely that you'll get used to it and you will be able to eat again. I know the first few weeks that my boyfriend first took his he wasn't hungry but slowly his appetite came back.

Here's the thing: You said you got this medication from your friend which means you don't have a prescription and are not being monitored by a doctor. Taking adderall is highly addictive and if you don't actually have a condition where you need the medication it can actually be dangerous. If you suspect that you might have something like ADD I would suggest that you go to the doctor and get a prescription. They will be able to monitor you and make sure that you are not exhibiting any adverse reactions.

The other thing to note is that if you get caught taking medication from your friend (especially if you are paying for it) you can get in trouble. And, your friend can actually get into quite a bit of trouble for giving you prescription medication especially if something were to happen to you while you were taking it.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Not hungy after Adderol - May 26th 2017, 11:47 AM

Are you still taking Adderall, or did you only take it during finals? How long has it been since taking Adderall? Do you know what dose it was, and what form it was in? Adderall and other similar stimulants come in different forms, there's instant release (IR) and extended release (XR). IR lasts around 4-6 hours, and XR lasts around 12 hours though I'm sure the times could change if you've taken more than a normally prescribed amount. How did you take it? These are all things that could affect how long you'll feel any effects from it.

Adderall is considered a schedule II drug in the US, this means it has a high potential for abuse and can lead to dependence. Getting caught with a schedule II drug that you don't have a prescription for can get you into a lot of trouble. It's also not uncommon to develop a tolerance to Adderall, meaning you may feel the need to take higher doses to get the same feeling you had this time. I agree with what's been said about going to the doctor, if it's really hard for you to focus you may be able to get a prescription legally.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Not hungy after Adderol - May 28th 2017, 06:13 AM

Adderall doubles as a weight loss pill.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: Not hungy after Adderol - May 28th 2017, 01:04 PM

Hey,
It is true that a side effect of adderall is appetite loss. As with most medicine for mental health (ADD, ADHD, Anxiety etc) all generally have side effects that after your body gets used to this your appetite returns.

Honestly, I'm worried you're buying unknown medication from a guy in your class. That's a massive risk for you. You can actually be in a lot of trouble. If you think you have ADD/ADHD feel free to message me and we can talk about it. You can then meet a doctor to get a proper diagnosis and then get the medicines legally.

And to answer your question. Stop the medication and everything should be back to normal soon.

Cheers.
Tort

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Re: Not hungy after Adderol - June 5th 2017, 07:15 PM

Adderall etc is used for people with ADHD/ADD - I have ADHD and did find it did give me not much of an appetite. but i wouldnt reccommend just like taking adderall etc without a prescription from the dr as different people need certain doses...withdrawing from it or just stopping taking it is not a good idea either as you could easily get withdrawel symptoms etc.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

Closed Thread