TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Noobzilla Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

My mum - May 31st 2009, 06:44 PM

I dont know what to do really. I'm not angry or anything, but does anyone else have this problem? My mum smokes weed quite a bit, and I've even done it with her. By the way, she's almost 33. Is this wrong?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
stina Offline
~Wanting it all back
Not a n00b

Name: Stina

Re: My mum - June 1st 2009, 07:56 PM

Uhm, well if you percieve it as wrong, then yes. The fact you are even questioning it means you are feeling it's wrong. Some people will say weed is no big deal. Others will say its a huge deal.

I think you have to ask these questions also:

Why does she do weed?
Is she a good mother?
Does she provide you with the necessities?
Does she do anything dumb while under the influence?
Is she there for you if you need her?
How often is quite a bit?
How often is she sober?
Does she work?
Does she do anything else that could be a problem?
And so on...

In my opinion, if shes a great mother, and does pot.. and you feel like you don't mind- then so be it.I have many friends who have wonderful parents, who are there for them through everything and know right between wrong, but smoke up every so often. But I also have friends whose parents smoke up all the time and are not so much parents who can't even provide shelter for them.

This is all a personal question, and how you can deal with it i think.

My parents never did weed around me. I think my dad was a pot head in high school but smartened up when met my mom.

I personally don't thnk parents should be getting stoned with their kid, or even doing weed after they have children... I don't think it sets a great example. But thats only because I have seen more worse cases than positive ones.

-Stina-
Go on and hold her
till the screaming is gone
Go on believe her
when she tells you
'Nothings wrong'

----
Even if I tried could you be less than an addiction?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My mum - June 3rd 2009, 11:51 PM

This entire thing is up to you. We don't live with you or your mother so we don't really know how she acts or treats you. I personally have smoked pot once when I was a bit inebriated at a family party and my mom was there with me although she didn't smoke and she didn't judge me because she's done it before and i'm careful about it. It's completely common and normal for parents to smoke up with their kids, I mean hello? Look at the Netherlands or Jamaica lol. If your mom is a good parent to you and loves you and you both have fun together, then there's no problem here. Just make sure you two are careful.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: My mum - June 4th 2009, 12:14 AM

well it's up to peoples opinions as to whether they think it's "wrong" or not. a lot of people will argue that it's illegal, and therefore yes, it's wrong. although a lot of people don't see weed as a big deal at all. if you have a problem with it then you might want to bring it up with her.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: My mum - June 4th 2009, 03:34 PM

Hey there,

Like everyone else said, it is really up to you to decide whether or not it is wrong. I think that it really depends on the frequency someone smokes marijuana. If this is just an occasional habit of hers and she is still able to provide you with all the support you need then it might be more 'okay'. However, if her smoking is excessive and it negatively impacts both of your lives then I don't think it is 'okay'. If you are concerned about your mom then it might be a good idea to have a discussion with her about it. A lot of people don't realize hot much their drug abuse impacts the people around them. If her behavior is out of control and it continues then I would consider talking to a trusted adult, a relative, a teacher, or your school's counselor about the issue. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to PM me. Take care and make smart choices.

Lots of love<3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

Closed Thread