TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Josh-C.59 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

weed - June 6th 2009, 05:00 AM

ok so 2morrow i wanna try weed. and im just horribly confused

some sources on the internet, and from people say that weed doesnt do that much damage to ur body infact, some documents state that not one death or lung cancer or killing of brain cells has been linked with a human intaking weed

however other people, and internet sources say that weed is horrible and changes who u are and the total opposite view of the other one

there are so many sources of each and i cant get a straight story
does anyone know wut weed mainly does damage to if it even does damage?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: weed - June 6th 2009, 11:55 AM

It has been proven that it can trigger mental disorders. Thats trigger, NOT create. Your seventeen so it's less likely that you will become addicted or cause long lasting damage - through test results it shows that before your brain is developed properly - under 14 or 15 then it is more likely to cause long lasting damage (this is from a documentary i watched a while ago so please don't ask me to show my source because obviously i can't) however don't go totally by what im saying as im not an expert.
Oh and weed isn't an addictive drug anyway, if anything it's healthier for you than cigarettes although you do have to be careful with what has been added to make the weed stronger or whatever. Oh and the fact that you might get bored of weed and go onto stronger, more lethal drugs.

Ive tried it myself last summer a couple of times although i kind of sucked at actually inhaling the smoke properly lol so i didn't feel the full effects and didn't get the whole hype tbh.

Just make sure your not pressured into doing it and know the full facts - at least your being responsible by ASKING.
I think it's fine to try it, just as long as it doesn't take over your life.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Shannon Offline
The Awesome-ist.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shannon

Re: weed - June 8th 2009, 01:30 AM

I'm just going to speak from personal experience on this one.

Take into consideration that I am a small person, and that drug use effects definately vary from person to person, but I would probably say that it has loosened my mind up. That's the only way I can think to explain it. I've probably smoked about a dozen times, and you know, I really don't think I'm as smart as I used to be. I'm not telling you, "Drugs are bad, don't do them, just say no", but I'm pretty sure that they really are a gateway drug. Like, I started out saying, "It's just weed, I'll never try pills," and even though it was only a few, I have tried some pills, and now I don't even like weed that much because I just think of the other high I got from the pills. Anyway, I guess it's fine to try, but I wouldn't try it way too many times.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Josh-C.59 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: weed - June 8th 2009, 03:06 AM

i just did it yesterday
and today i felt dumb for half the day
but now im back to normal
and no i wudnt have the balls to take pills or lsd or shit i only did weed cuz its something that grows from the earth. im not doing hard ass drugs made by chemistry ppl like lsd and shit :|
i dont even take advil wen i have a headache cuz im one of those health freaks

Closed Thread