TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Bitter Realist
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Savannah

Question huffing to hide emotions? - June 9th 2009, 07:58 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Okay, me and my mom have been going through a rough time. I've been in therapy, I've been ditching school, she's taking me out of public to be home schooled, she figured out I was pansexual... eh. So recently I tried huffing after I nearly through a cup at my mom's head. She said "If pansexuals like everything, does that mean you like to fuck dogs too?"

Instead I ran into the bathroom, took a can of hair spray and stayed in there for like twenty minutes, I came out happy as a freaking clam. My mom had left somewhere and I just sat down on the couch and laughed until I was almost crying. It was amazing. Not in a good way, but a dazzling way.

I KNOW huffing is bad and kills of brain cells and crap, but really, I don't care. I really just don't care. I'd rather risk dying than living like a anxious (I have nerve problems according to the doc), angry teenager. What's the point of living life if all living does is make you want to die? So, in and ending, why should I or why should I NOT keeping doing what I'm doing to keep my cool?

"For him who thence could solace bring
To his lone imagining-"
dude...that's deep.
I mean, like, DUDE.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: huffing to hide emotions? - June 11th 2009, 03:55 AM

Because there is always a way out. I have a feeling you do care about what you're doing or else, why would you bother giving anyone here the time of day to listen to your situation? I'm sorry you have a bad family life, but there's a way to fix that. You can report your mother if she's really that awful to you or try finding another family member to live with or try to get emancipated. You could try getting a job if you don't already have one and start saving up some money to take care of yourself, because in the long run, being independent and taking care of yourself feels wonderful and instead of huffing a can of hair spray, you can make something of yourself. Don't waste such a precious gift of life that was given to you. Take the shit parts and throw em away. Start a new and better chapter of your life.

Closed Thread